Lords of the Fallen (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - "Master of Fate" (Version 1.5 Update) trailer

Pikachu

WWW.IGN.COM

Lords of the Fallen patches are coming in thick and fast. The latest brings Hexworks’ Soulslike up to version 1.1.224, and makes big changes to the game.

“From today's patch onward, now when you complete your initial playthrough, you will be presented with a new option before embarking on your next runthrough; you can either progress directly to the next consecutive New Game (if you’ve just completed NG+1, you would move onto NG+2), or you can replay the current NG at the same difficulty, albeit retaining your character, items and progression, but resetting the entire world, including NPCs and questlines. 

• Halal 1

This is a good game. Not FS levels of great (but nothing Soulslike really is) but it's absolutely worth playing if you're a fan of the genre. Yeah, performance issues early on and maybe it's just me but they seem to get better the farther you get into the game. And @Bacon

was actually somewhat correct that it does favor DS2. But this is more polished and fleshed out and better in my opinion. Definitely worth playing

• Halal 2

2 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

And @Bacon

was actually somewhat correct that it does favor DS2. But this is more polished and fleshed out and better in my opinion.

I could just tell. I have seen others who have also agreed that it reminded them more of DS2 than other souls-likes but it cool that another dipper can see it to a degree. And of course it's better than ds2, what isn't :p

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I could just tell. I have seen others who have also agreed that it reminded them more of DS2 than other souls-likes but it cool that another dipper can see it to a degree. And of course it's better than ds2, what isn't :p

For what its worth, I personally loath DS2 and very much enjoy LoTF. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

For what its worth, I personally loath DS2 and very much enjoy LoTF. 

I will prolly try it one day, but just when it's like only 10 bucks. Probably won't have to wait that long. Souls-likes often drop pretty low pretty quickly.

While It's better for it to be good, I wouldn't mind it being bad to I can shit talk it more lol.

Just now, Bacon said:

Well I enjoyed it but it's only because I know where it's 'From'. Good ideas surrounded by stiff animations and odd level design but still somehow kept the carrot on a stick

Just now, eventide11 said:

Idk, they spent like 66 million dollars on this game so I wouldn't expect it to drop anytime soon

ER went on sale pretty quickly IIRC. I mean, not for 10 bucks, but I've seen ER for 40. I'd imagine some decent discounts during some steam sales next year. That's soon enough to me.

I just came across this video and I feel it describes what I have seen from the trailers.

The number of mobs is definitely a major reason I get that DS2 vibe. But overall, this video describes the issues I picked up on from the trailers and previews.

And just a heads up that this guy didn't beat the game as he didn't like it. I know some might say, "well you didn't beat the game so opinion invalidated," but in his 15 hours, he describes issues I pieced together on my own without even playing it.

I'll still prolly give it a shot someday, just so my takes have something to back them up but not until a deep discount, or maybe even a lil :pirate_2:

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

I just came across this video and I feel it describes what I have seen from the trailers.

The number of mobs is definitely a major reason I get that DS2 vibe. But overall, this video describes the issues I picked up on from the trailers and previews.

And just a heads up that this guy didn't beat the game as he didn't like it. I know some might say, "well you didn't beat the game so opinion invalidated," but in his 15 hours, he describes issues I pieced together on my own without even playing it.

I'll still prolly give it a shot someday, just so my takes have something to back them up but not until a deep discount, or maybe even a lil :pirate_2:

Tbh I've already put 15+ hours in and don't agree with any of his issues. But to each their own. Sometimes when you've made up your mind to not like something every tiny little negative thing can fuel it further into 'fact' or your own version of it. I've done it myself so it is what it is

Nevermind. This game is BY FAR the biggest technical pile of sh!t on the PS5 BY FAR. Will definitely be attempting to get my money back. Falling through maps, inventory glitches where you can't select the item you want, randomly going into 3D mode a feature no one gives a crap about anyway. Screw this 'game' company. I hope. They go bankrupt and everyone loses their jobs

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Nevermind. This game is BY FAR the biggest technical pile of sh!t on the PS5 BY FAR. Will definitely be attempting to get my money back. Falling through maps, inventory glitches where you can't select the item you want, randomly going into 3D mode a feature no one gives a crap about anyway. Screw this 'game' company. I hope. They go bankrupt and everyone loses their jobs

tbs network animation GIF by Final Space

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Tom Morgan investigates the performance and technical issues of Lords of the Fallen on PS5, Series X and Series S in th…

Almost a month on from its release, Lords of the Fallen is a visually stunning Soulslike that's still held back by ongoing technical issues on console - and that's a shame. After all, this 2023 series reboot is a rare breed of next-gen project designed just for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, S and PC. Added to that, the game is built on Unreal Engine 5 with a heavy use of its Nanite and Lumen technologies. Developer Hexworks goes all-out here in its world-building and the UE5 features allow for intricately detailed gothic environments, lit by a hybrid ray-traced global illumination technique. Add in a realm-switching mechanic - in the tradition of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - and it makes sense that the game's ambition is perhaps beyond the scope of a last-gen console release.

In fact based on the evidence today, it's a big ask even on today's machines. Despite its technical achievements, Lords of the Fallen's launch has not been a smooth one - and even after almost a month's worth of patches on the console front, the game remains flawed as of version 1.1.293 (and even in our re-test of v1.1.310 as of publishing this article today) with clear frame-rate drops and issues in image quality.

With this in mind, it's time to finally tackle the PS5, Series X and Series S versions in turn, each fully patched up. A heads up that there are two modes included on every console, as is the trend these days: a 60fps performance mode and 30fps quality mode - and we'll be comparing both. In particular though, there's much to be said for the game's delivery of 60fps gameplay - with Series S especially coming out worse for wear.

Despite several patches being logged to its name already, the Lords of the Fallen reboot unfortunately still has plenty of issues on console. It's a shame though, given it ekes out beautiful results from Unreal Engine 5's tech. This game is unusually ambitious for a Soulslike in terms of visuals and mechanics, and UE5's nanite in particular paves the way for two beautifully-detailed worlds rendered in parallel. Right now though this isn't enough to redeem the hang-ups, hitches and sub-60fps frame-rates we're seeing. It's still a compromised experience on PS5 and Series X today, and once again Xbox Series S finds itself out of its depth in attempting to balance performance with visual quality.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lords of the Fallen (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - "A stunning UE5 Soulslike with ongoing tech issues" (Digital Foundry PS5/Xbox Series technical review)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 1:57 PM, Bacon said:

I picked this up on steam and played about 90 minutes before I refunded it. As a FS fan (and Lies of P) the Dark Souls 2 feeling  and comparison is spot on and just like DS2 I wanted to like it but just didn't. It has all of the ingredients, but for whatever reason it just doesn't fit right to my tastes.

• Like 1

BIZNES.PAP.PL

CI Games skupia się na pracy nad projektami Survive i "3", których planowane premiery mają nastąpić odpowiednio w 2025 i 2026. Do produkcji projektu "3" spółka planuje...

"We are satisfied with the sales results of Lords of The Fallen, but we make no secret that we had higher expectations in terms of revenue. However, it should be remembered that the second half of 2023 was set for a lot of competition between titles. The winners were the studios with the biggest titles, such as Spider-Man 2," Tyminski said.

The presentation stated that the company estimates that Lords of The Fallen has sold around 900,000 copies to date. The company estimates that 50 percent of sales came from the Delux version of the game.

CI Games said in a presentation that the game's development budget amounted to PLN 178 million and marketing budget to PLN 81.5 million.

I would have thought the dev would be happy with 900k sales. 

• Halal 1

• 4 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Lords of the Fallen (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - "Master of Fate" (Version 1.5 Update) trailer

Can I get a summary of the updates? I feel like it might be spoilery, and I'm still really early in the game. I only played it for about 45 minutes when it came out, before I was bombarded with higher priority games, but I quite enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed Dark Souls 2, along with every other Dark Souls title. Whatever it is that makes people hate Dark Souls 2, I guess it's just not in my brain? I mean some folks point to shitty hitboxes but goddamn I could make a compilation video of the shitty hitboxes in every FromSoft game. I happily beat DS2 multiple times.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Thanks! That's quite the list. I'm not sure what some of it is, but it seems neat. "Game modifier system" sounds right up my alley!

WWW.VG247.COM

The Lords of the Fallen roadmap has reached its conclusion, with one last big milestone.

Master of Fate’s biggest feature is the Advanced Game Modifier System, a randomiser that gives players the power to balance and tweak several core aspects of the game.

The system includes seven modifiers, which you can control before starting a fresh game, or after finishing your current playthrough and starting a new one on the same character.

The list of possible options isn’t extensive, but it covers things like mob density, the ability to tweak enemy spawns, randomising loot, and even making it so all weapons found come pre-upgraded up to your current level. If you’re a real masochist, you can turn on Ironman mode, which limits your life to one. Lose it and you’d have to start the game from the beginning.

• Hype 1