Update: Connecticut jury orders Alex Jones to pay nearly $1 billion in compensatory damages to relatives of Sandy Hook victims

It means very little until appeals are done. This will cost him in the end, but it's not ruinous judgment people think it is. He's only responsible for less than 9m of the 50m from the first trial, and I expect the ultimate end of this trial will be about the same. 

I'd be fine with hanging him in the street and splitting his assets among the families.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

A lawyer I literally just watched on CNN said the exact opposite of this. 

Im just repeating what I heard a lawyer say on msnbc. 

He can't discharge the judgements, but it is likely to be whittled down to 7 to low 8 figures. I guess we'll see, but I hope cnn's lawyers are correct.

6 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Im just repeating what I heard a lawyer say on msnbc. 

He can't discharge the judgements, but it is likely to be whittled down to 7 to low 8 figures. I guess we'll see, but I hope cnn's lawyers are correct.

Yeah I'm just pointitng out that everyone is opining on this but at the end of the day it's just that... opinions. No one can speak with any certainity as to what is going to happen regarding this because as I understand it, a judgement this large is unprecedented. Apparently his defense was so bad, his crimes were so egregious and the lawyers for the victims' families are so on top of this, that there is very little wiggle room for him at this point and the Lawyer I saw on CNN said that he's pretty much ruined from her point of view. I guess we'll see.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Almost 1000 cars to go.

cfae1274588ee976bb49e705525208c5.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

The Onion brings you all of the latest news, stories, photos, videos and more from America's finest news source.

The sad thing is knowing Jones, this could very well be real. I can TOTALLY see him pulling a stunt like this.

• 2 weeks later...