Jump to content

Xbox Store: oh for Freaks sake!


BuckFly
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I am over my childish outburst from before.

 

However, thank you, Mike and if we were in the same room together I might wish to kiss you...as us being in the same room is unlikely ever to happen I am quite comfortable in mentioning my potential actions.

 

You should be pleased that we will never be in the same room as  I am not a pretty dude whatsoever, and my wife would be pissed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

I am over my childish outburst from before.

 

However, thank you, Mike and if we were in the same room together I might wish to kiss you...as us being in the same room is unlikely ever to happen I am quite comfortable in mentioning my potential actions.

 

You should be pleased that we will never be in the same room as  I am not a pretty dude whatsoever, and my wife would be pissed.

Glad to be of service.

 

I'm OK with the no kissing -- don't want to get my missus jealous!  :D

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

You're right.  They're almost always cheaper (including in the launch window) -- if you shop the discounts.  Publishers have to keep their retail partners happy.

 

 

Dammit, AD.  I never thought that I would become a digital download snob, yet here I am.  It is not that I won't buy hard copies anymore as I just bought the last copy of Doom 3:  BFG Edition at Best Buy last week.  However, that was out of necessity as it was never available as a digital download and I will get hard copies  now only in situations where I really have no other option.  My existing game library, with a few Sega Genesis games, but a lion share coming after the 2000 console releases, is taking up too much space as it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BuckFly said:

 

 

Dammit, AD.  I never thought that I would become a digital download snob, yet here I am.  It is not that I won't buy hard copies anymore as I just bought the last copy of Doom 3:  BFG Edition at Best Buy last week.  However, that was out of necessity as it was never available as a digital download and I will get hard copies  now only in situations where I really have no other option.  My existing game library, with a few Sega Genesis games, but a lion share coming after the 2000 console releases, is taking up too much space as it is.

I prefer digital copies as well, particularly for longer games.  I've mostly stopped buying games at launch, and am mostly buying digital copies on sale...  As I have moved from a mostly console gamer, to a mostly PC gamer, it is easier....

Sony has had a number of 20% off one digital purchase coupons this year (with the launch of Detroit and Far Cry 5), plus GMG had an 8% off buying PSN cards...  So it is still possible to get better prices on digital if you time your purchases...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I prefer digital copies as well, particularly for longer games.  I've mostly stopped buying games at launch, and am mostly buying digital copies on sale...  As I have moved from a mostly console gamer, to a mostly PC gamer, it is easier....

Sony has had a number of 20% off one digital purchase coupons this year (with the launch of Detroit and Far Cry 5), plus GMG had an 8% off buying PSN cards...  So it is still possible to get better prices on digital if you time your purchases...

 

 

Mike, tangent:  what is your PC's guts right now?

 

No pressure if you don't feel like posting, buddy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

 

 

Mike, tangent:  what is your PC's guts right now?

 

No pressure if you don't feel like posting, buddy.

i7-6700k, GTX-1070 and 16 GB of DDR4.  I have a Samsung 500MB m.2 drive as my boot, and a cheap 1TB SSD for storage.

 

I'm feeling the need for a new video card though... :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

i7-6700k, GTX-1070 and 16 GB of DDR4.  I have a Samsung 500MB m.2 drive as my boot, and a cheap 1TB SSD for storage.

 

I'm feeling the need for a new video card though... :)

 

ohh, that m.2 is nice.  1 TB SSD is big...as in thumbs up!

 

1080 Ti's are becoming available and are dropping, but man $849 (what I saw somewhere over the weekend) is still a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BuckFly said:

 

ohh, that m.2 is nice.  1 TB SSD is big...as in thumbs up!

 

1080 Ti's are becoming available and are dropping, but man $849 (what I saw somewhere over the weekend) is still a lot.

Yes -- I wouldn't buy a current gen GPU right now.  New Nvidia video cards are expected to drop in the next 4 months.  I suspect I will break down and buy an 1180 (or a 2080?) for myself for Xmas.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...