Xbox Store: oh for Freaks sake!

BuckFly

34 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I am over my childish outburst from before.

However, thank you, Mike and if we were in the same room together I might wish to kiss you...as us being in the same room is unlikely ever to happen I am quite comfortable in mentioning my potential actions.

You should be pleased that we will never be in the same room as  I am not a pretty dude whatsoever, and my wife would be pissed.

7 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

I am over my childish outburst from before.

However, thank you, Mike and if we were in the same room together I might wish to kiss you...as us being in the same room is unlikely ever to happen I am quite comfortable in mentioning my potential actions.

You should be pleased that we will never be in the same room as  I am not a pretty dude whatsoever, and my wife would be pissed.

Glad to be of service.

I'm OK with the no kissing -- don't want to get my missus jealous!  :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

You're right.  They're almost always cheaper (including in the launch window) -- if you shop the discounts.  Publishers have to keep their retail partners happy.

Dammit, AD.  I never thought that I would become a digital download snob, yet here I am.  It is not that I won't buy hard copies anymore as I just bought the last copy of Doom 3:  BFG Edition at Best Buy last week.  However, that was out of necessity as it was never available as a digital download and I will get hard copies  now only in situations where I really have no other option.  My existing game library, with a few Sega Genesis games, but a lion share coming after the 2000 console releases, is taking up too much space as it is.

1 minute ago, BuckFly said:

Dammit, AD.  I never thought that I would become a digital download snob, yet here I am.  It is not that I won't buy hard copies anymore as I just bought the last copy of Doom 3:  BFG Edition at Best Buy last week.  However, that was out of necessity as it was never available as a digital download and I will get hard copies  now only in situations where I really have no other option.  My existing game library, with a few Sega Genesis games, but a lion share coming after the 2000 console releases, is taking up too much space as it is.

I prefer digital copies as well, particularly for longer games.  I've mostly stopped buying games at launch, and am mostly buying digital copies on sale...  As I have moved from a mostly console gamer, to a mostly PC gamer, it is easier....

Sony has had a number of 20% off one digital purchase coupons this year (with the launch of Detroit and Far Cry 5), plus GMG had an 8% off buying PSN cards...  So it is still possible to get better prices on digital if you time your purchases...

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I prefer digital copies as well, particularly for longer games.  I've mostly stopped buying games at launch, and am mostly buying digital copies on sale...  As I have moved from a mostly console gamer, to a mostly PC gamer, it is easier....

Sony has had a number of 20% off one digital purchase coupons this year (with the launch of Detroit and Far Cry 5), plus GMG had an 8% off buying PSN cards...  So it is still possible to get better prices on digital if you time your purchases...

Mike, tangent:  what is your PC's guts right now?

No pressure if you don't feel like posting, buddy.

8 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Mike, tangent:  what is your PC's guts right now?

No pressure if you don't feel like posting, buddy.

i7-6700k, GTX-1070 and 16 GB of DDR4.  I have a Samsung 500MB m.2 drive as my boot, and a cheap 1TB SSD for storage.

I'm feeling the need for a new video card though... :)

3 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

i7-6700k, GTX-1070 and 16 GB of DDR4.  I have a Samsung 500MB m.2 drive as my boot, and a cheap 1TB SSD for storage.

I'm feeling the need for a new video card though... :)

ohh, that m.2 is nice.  1 TB SSD is big...as in thumbs up!

1080 Ti's are becoming available and are dropping, but man $849 (what I saw somewhere over the weekend) is still a lot.

Just now, BuckFly said:

ohh, that m.2 is nice.  1 TB SSD is big...as in thumbs up!

1080 Ti's are becoming available and are dropping, but man $849 (what I saw somewhere over the weekend) is still a lot.

Yes -- I wouldn't buy a current gen GPU right now.  New Nvidia video cards are expected to drop in the next 4 months.  I suspect I will break down and buy an 1180 (or a 2080?) for myself for Xmas.

• Like 1