FIFA, EA Sports officially end partnership. FIFA games to be renamed "EA Sports FC"

SaysWho?

• SaysWho? changed the title to FIFA, EA Sports officially end partnership. FIFA games to be renamed "EA Sports FC"
7 minutes ago, jaethos said:

I wonder how much of the licensing money they are saving will have to be spent on extra advertising in order to make sure the huge casual playerbase will know that it's still the same game.

It should work out in theory. After a few years it will stick. Plus the casuals that are into FIFA will at worse walk into a store or see EA Sports FC and get that.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Stick with FIFA it will be the best! Believe me!

Just a reminder that this is the same organization whose next showcase global event will be held in a country that effectively used slave labor to build facilities in which the event will be held:

2768.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

FIFA President Gianni Infantino said migrant workers gain pride from hard work when he was questioned on Monday about workers suffering in Qatar while building World Cup infrastructure. Despite the abuses, Infantino claimed workers would feel proud at being given the chance to construct stadiums for this year's tournament in the Gulf nation, earning a living rather than being given charity.

5532.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The president of Fifa, Gianni Infantino, has said his plans for a World Cup every two years could stop African migrants from finding ‘death in the sea’

29 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Is it just me or is that a terrible, terrible name. Surely EA Soccer/Football 24 would have worked out better…or do they just want that global branding? 

Too generic sounding. Being part of a Football CLUB on the other hand, much more exotic.

Also they can't call it "football" outright because Madden exists. (Well I guess Madden is called Madden NFL but the distinction is still there)

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Too generic sounding. Being part of a Football CLUB on the other hand, much more exotic.

Also they can't call it "football" outright because Madden exists. (Well I guess Madden is called Madden NFL but the distinction is still there)

I was thinking soccer for US and Japan. Football for everywhere else.

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Is it just me or is that a terrible, terrible name. Surely EA Soccer/Football 24 would have worked out better…or do they just want that global branding? 

It’s very MLS sounding which confirms that it’s trash. That league has the worst names.