Update: all-new PlayStation Plus announced for June launch, three tiers of membership (Essential - $9.99/month, Extra - $14.99/month, Premium - $17.99/month)

Commissar SFLUFAN

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

That only says “PS+ segment”, the prior sentence could be misleading given the wording of the following. Has Sony ever released PS Now numbers?

Best I can find is May 2021 numbers which was 41.5m PS+ (OG) subs + 3.2m PS Now subs. It’s certainly increased in total amount since over a year ago, but I’d be curious to know the numbers of the pre and post conversion, as well as numbers for those who have above “essential” pre vs post.

Edit: also, they’re claiming subs are down but this is up vs their previous release…?

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

That only says “PS+ segment”, the prior sentence could be misleading given the wording of the following. Has Sony ever released PS Now numbers?

How else could revenue per subscriber increase if they lost users?

Numbers from their quarterly report are here if you want the full breakdown.  Sony calls the segment “Network Services.”

sony-q2-2022-earnings-results-saw-ps-plu
WWW.SHACKNEWS.COM

Since the PlayStation Plus revamp, Sony lost nearly two million subscribers, but revenue from PS Plus is the best its been in over a year.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

How else could revenue per subscriber increase if they lost users?

Numbers from their quarterly report are here if you wan the full breakdown.

sony-q2-2022-earnings-results-saw-ps-plu
WWW.SHACKNEWS.COM

Since the PlayStation Plus revamp, Sony lost nearly two million subscribers, but revenue from PS Plus is the best its been in over a year.

Because the more expensive PS Now subs converted to the new PS+ tiers. My question is how much more are they making now on just the new PS+ vs old PS+ & PS Now combined, and is it beyond the previous growth expectations of the two separate services combined.

39 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Because the more expensive PS Now subs converted to the new PS+ tiers. My question is how much more are they making now on just the new PS+ vs old PS+ & PS Now combined, and is it beyond the previous growth expectations of the two separate services combined.

Sony doesn’t distinguish between sub tiers or types in their quarterly reports.  PS Now would have been included in their gaming “Network Services” category previously.  Their revenue from the segment as a whole is up by ~10 billion yen from the previous quarter.

Don’t know if they’ve said anything about it meeting expectations or not though.

19 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Sony doesn’t distinguish between sub tiers or types in their quarterly reports.  PS Now would have been included in their gaming “Network Services” category previously.  Their revenue from the segment as a whole is up.

Don’t know if they’ve said anything about it meeting expectations or not though.

2020 vs 2021 had something like a 200% increase in sub count for PS Now fwiw. They very specifically seem to be saying “PS+” in these press releases so I’m just questioning how much is fluff vs actual “Hey wow!”

17 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

2020 vs 2021 had something like a 200% increase in sub count for PS Now fwiw. They very specifically seem to be saying “PS+” in these press releases so I’m just questioning how much is fluff vs actual “Hey wow!”

I think you can blame that more on the reporting, and Sony’s naming scheme being so non specific.  It’s impossible to know what just “PS+“ refers to anymore without specifying.

I doubt we’re ever going to get Extra/Premium numbers by themselves. 

On 11/2/2022 at 9:55 AM, DarkStar189 said:

I signed my son up for a year of Playstation Extra or whatever the 2nd tier is called.  For someone like him who is just starting out, its a pretty nice deal.

Yup, I can't imagine having access to that many games as a kid. I don't love PS+, but I also still think its worth it. Gamepass is slow right now too.

• Halal 1