PlayStation acquires Haven Studios (Jade Raymond's new studio), working on live service game for PS5. Sony's first Canadian developer

SaysWho?

attempt1.jpg
WWW.GAMESINDUSTRY.BIZ

The studio is working on an exclusive live service game for PS5

Annotation_2022_03_21_151639.png
WWW.GAMESINDUSTRY.BIZ

�We've been very impressed with the progress that Haven has made�

Historically, Sony likes to have a little dating period with a developer, where they might release a few games together before they get married. It's what happened with Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Media Molecule, Insomniac and Housemarque.

Yet Sony announced its partnership with Haven a little over a year ago. The developer may be full of established faces who are responsible for hit games such as Assassin's Creed, but it's still a new studio. It's still growing. It's not even announced the PS5 game it's working on, let alone released it. So why do the deal now?

"You're right, we could have just carried on in the capacity of them being an external development partner," acknowledges PlayStation Studios head Hermen Hulst. "But what Haven has created is so exciting for us, there was just a desire to deepen that relationship. We have been very impressed with how Haven is coming together.

FOYkDu9UcAEZ-C_?format=png&name=900x900

17 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'd just like to acquire Jade Raymond.

yesss capture my pretty princess Jade in my dank dark dungeon of delights!!! ohh pretty princess Jade dare thee not escape! the key it is, shall we say, out of reach for such a delicate lass. your king oh he is a fine king it is known, a fine king! pretty princess Jade you will come to understand him as noble!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, stepee said:

yesss capture my pretty princess Jade in my dank dark dungeon of delights!!! ohh pretty princess Jade dare thee not escape! the key it is, shall we say, out of reach for such a delicate lass. your king oh he is a fine king it is known, a fine king! pretty princess Jade you will come to understand him as noble!

Yeeeeeah you smell what I'm steppin' in!

On 3/22/2022 at 8:33 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Jade Raymond's ability to continually "fail upward" never ceases to amaze me.

I mean let's be honest, if she was uglier we would've never heard of her in the first place. She would've been one faceless developer who made a good game one time and maybe she still works in the industry or maybe not but either way we wouldn't fucking know because who cares. She might be getting on in years nowadays but she still looks pretty damn good, and looked even better when she was 25. In the grand scheme of things, she might be considered average by some but in the video game world she might as well be a frickin' unicorn. Especially circa 2004.

• 3 months later...
On 3/25/2022 at 1:36 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

I mean let's be honest, if she was uglier we would've never heard of her in the first place. She would've been one faceless developer who made a good game one time and maybe she still works in the industry or maybe not but either way we wouldn't fucking know because who cares. She might be getting on in years nowadays but she still looks pretty damn good, and looked even better when she was 25. In the grand scheme of things, she might be considered average by some but in the video game world she might as well be a frickin' unicorn. Especially circa 2004.

Thats a ton of bullshit and misogyny to fit in one post. 

• True 1
  • Halal 2