Nintendo Switch Sports [April 29, 2022] - Golf Coming November 28!

Keyser_Soze

Introducing a new iteration of the Wii Sports series, Nintendo Switch Sports! Play sports such as Bowling, Tennis, & Chambara as well as three new additional sports including Soccer, Badminton, and Volleyball.

Also, enjoy online play across all sports! Nintendo Switch Sports launches 4/29.

A free update will arrive in the summer, expanding the Leg Strap accessory compatibility to Soccer matches. Additionally, a second free update planned to arrive in the Fall will add Golf to the playable sports!

play_test-2x.jpg

To prepare for the launch of the Nintendo Switch Sports game on April 29, we’ll be conducting an Online Play Test to evaluate various technical aspects and help improve the quality of the game by testing out online random matches for Tennis, Bowling, and Chambara from February 18 - 20. Players with an active Nintendo Switch Online membership** (including trial membership) can register.

Registration opens February 15 at 5 pm PST for the Nintendo Switch Sports Online Play Test

Available Play Test Times

February 18: 7:00-7:45 pm PST

February 19: 3:00-3:45 am PST / 11:00-11:45 am PST / 7:00-7:45 pm PST

February 20: 3:00-3:45 am PST

https://nintendoswitchsports.nintendo.com/

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What's too rare? You can play it online.

Yeah, but I’d rather play some physical vr game online, I specifically meant this would be fun for me live with other people because you can’t do that in vr well, but that for me that is too rare to buy this.

• Sicko 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My copy arrived from Amazon. I’ll be trying it out later today. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

i would love to play this but i need to buy new joycons first and they're hella expensive 

Can you play these games with the pro controller or do you have to use joy cons and motion controls?

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Joycons only. So it's not compatible with the Lite.

I got the OLED system so no problem there. Just don’t know how I feel about having to use joy cons with motion controls. Please post impressions when you get a chance. 

I decided I’m going to actually join biggie on this fight, they should have added gamepad controls as an alternative. I’ll even make it harder to argue against by adding that they should do it for accessibility reasons alone.

But also yeah for switch portable users. Also they should have a tournament mode against cpu. I think this would be easy to implement. 

I like how it looks and I think it would still be fun to play handheld.

Really having a blast playing this. The motion controls work very well. And so far the online has been smooth. To me the most fun games are bowling, badminton, and volley ball. Not really a fan of Chambara and it seems like an odd choice to include along side the other sports games. Tennis is cool and looking forward to when golf comes out later on down the road. 

Badminton and Bowling are really satisfying. Tennis is good. Gonna take me a bit to get the hang of the sword fighting. Same with volleyball. It throws me off that there are so many moves and you’re constantly rotating around. Not sure what I think about soccer. I’m not too accurate with the direction I’m kicking in 

Just got it today. Bowling is as spectacular as ever. Badminton was fun but the game lasted forever because it’s too forgiving in how late you can swing and make contact. Still fun though. That’s all my wife and I have tried so far. Haven’t really dug into much more. 

Also…LOL NO at the idea that they should have made this compatible with the pro controller. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

• 2 months later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Nintendo Switch Sports [April 29, 2022] - Golf Coming in Winter Update!
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Nintendo Switch Sports [April 29, 2022] - Golf Coming November 28!