Front Mission 1st (Remake) Front Mission 2 Remake Out Now [on Switch] and Coming to Other Platforms on April 30

Keyser_Soze

• 8 months later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Front Mission 1st (Remake of the First Front Mission Game, Remake of 2nd Game Coming Later) [Coming November 30 2022]
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 9:38 PM, Hellhound said:

The impressions aren’t too kind at the moment, stating the multiple hit locations and randomness of where you hit can make battles a slog. I’m kind of partial to this having loved Battletech for forever, waiting on more impressions before pulling the trigger. 

Yeah, this sounds like Battletech to me, the most recent version by the Shadowrun developers was really good with that series. Also apparently the gameplay is random only in the early game - the only real problems with the game are difficulty spikes and imprecise, floaty controls. A website I typically trust, RPGFan, actually gave it a positive review, 83/100. I know Metacritic eviscerated the game, but perhaps it's actually pretty good? Curious to see how remakes 2 and 3 turn out. This remake does also include the additional stuff added to the prior remake that we received on the Nintendo DS here in the West back in 2007, including the additional story scenarios, etc.

Front-Mission-1st-Remake-Screenshot-001.
WWW.RPGFAN.COM

It’s been a resurgent year for strategy RPGs, and it’s also a good time for mechs. So, it’s a great time for Front Mission to come back to the forefront. The

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Front Mission 1st (Remake of the First Front Mission Game, Remake of 2nd Game Coming June 12, 2023
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Front Mission 1st (Remake of the First Front Mission Game) Remake of 2nd Game Coming June 12, 2023
  • 6 months later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Front Mission 1st (Remake of the First Front Mission Game) Front Mission 2 Remake Out Now!

Any word if 2 is also getting a physical release? I end up holding out on 1 long enough to see that it was getting a physical release and bout that. I’d love to also have 2 & 3 in physical copies.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's nice to finally get Front Mission 1 and 2 in America, even if it's just the remakes and not the originals. I believe they're remaking the third one too, right?

yes they are. :)

• Hype 1

• 5 months later...

It's a shame they don't give you the original version of the game along with the remake since the original Front Mission 1 and 2 never saw a release outside of Japan. I'm grateful we're at least getting the remakes on PC day and date now with Switch, though Front Mission 3 is the remake I'm most looking forward to. I guess there was at least a western release of the DS port of Front Mission 1 which would have been nice to see included with the Front Mission 1 remake, but it was not.

The OP thread title should probably be changed to reflect this is a thread about all three Front Mission remakes in one place.

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Front Mission 1st (Remake) Front Mission 2 Remake Out Now [on Switch] and Coming to Other Platforms on April 30
22 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The OP thread title should probably be changed to reflect this is a thread about all three Front Mission remakes in one place.

I changed the thread title but the 3rd one hasn't been announced yet.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I changed the thread title but the 3rd one hasn't been announced yet.

But it was confirmed to be in the works? Unless I'm missing something.

WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Nintendo outlined a release cadence for the planned Front Mission remakes on Switch and confirmed a remake of 3 is also in the works.

39 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

But it was confirmed to be in the works? Unless I'm missing something.

How about this: When they release a trailer for the 3rd game I'll update the thread title to reflect it. Otherwise, we don't speculate on rumors here at d1p and I won't change thread titles that sully the site's image! :nottalking:

• Haha 1