KLONOA Phantasy Reverie Series [July 08, 2022 - For Everything!]

Keyser_Soze

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to KLONOA Phantasy Reverie Series [Nintendo Switch: July 08, 2022 / Everything Else "Coming Soon"]
1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I remember Klonoa. Would play again.

Now if Squeenix would pull its head out of its ass and get us a Brave Fencer Musashi remake i might turn my Switch on more often.

@Xbob42is right that SE needs to make more remakes at the Trials of Mana remake scale and Brace Fencer Mushashi should absolutely be one of them!

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

@Xbob42is right that SE needs to make more remakes at the Trials of Mana remake scale and Brace Fencer Mushashi should absolutely be one of them!

I fucking love Brave Fencer Musashi and a Trials of Mana-level remake would be absolutely perfect for it because it's that "tier" of game, if that makes any sense.

• True 1

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to KLONOA Phantasy Reverie Series [July 08, 2022 - For Everything!]
  • 2 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 6:17 PM, stepee said:

Okay holy fuck I didn’t realize this is not just a port collection, it’s a remaster of BOTH games! And NO, not the Wii remaster for the first one, it’s an all new one! Fuck. Yes.

From what I've read around online, it sounds like the remaster of the first game IS built on the 2008 Wii remake, but is that a bad thing? The remake was made by the same director as the original game, I thought it was good? Either way, I read that it is based on it I think.

It's too bad the four handheld Klonoa games aren't included. I know two of them never released outside of Japan but two of them did, they could have at least given us those two, maybe if this release does well?

10 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

From what I've read around online, it sounds like the remaster of the first game IS built on the 2008 Wii remake, but is that a bad thing? The remake was made by the same director as the original game, I thought it was good? Either way, I read that it is based on it I think.

It's too bad the four handheld Klonoa games aren't included. I know two of them never released outside of Japan but two of them did, they could have at least given us those two, maybe if this release does well?

I don’t know if the wii one was good or bad, I just am excited they put that much work into this. :P

Agreed on the gba/wonder swan games, it’s a shame they couldn’t have included those. And the beach volleyball game! I’ll get those loaded on my deck to go with it.

Just got this even though a new game is the last thing I need right now, but I have to support this, excited to play tonight! :D

Then I can have my heart broken all over again after beating the first and watching the saddest game ending of all time again.

Edit: Klonoa is one of my favorite game characters so I would have paid $60 for this but this should have been $30, I think it would have sold better. The GMG price is pretty good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

...maybe if this release does well?

I think this game is the game that is the test to see if there is any interest in a new game. Almost like Capcom Fighting Collection was the test to see if people want more Darkstalkers.

• True 1

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

Agreed on the gba/wonder swan games, it’s a shame they couldn’t have included those. And the beach volleyball game! I’ll get those loaded on my deck to go with it.

Yeah they definitely should have. Hell, the beach volleyball Klonoa game saw a release in Europe, that one like two of the four handheld Klonoa games that saw a release in the West, would have been easy I think to add into the collection.

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah they definitely should have. Hell, the beach volleyball Klonoa game saw a release in Europe, that one like two of the four handheld Klonoa games that saw a release in the West, would have been easy I think to add into the collection.

And they are just platformers, the language barrier would be fine!

• Like 1

Just played the first level on the deck, runs maxed (turn settings up when you start especially AA which i think is mislabeled and actually AF) 720p 60fps. What a joy, can’t wait to play more. So happy to see my boy again even if it’s just a new coat of paint.

• Halal 2

Beat Klonoa and I’m probably over half way through Klonoa 2, these are really nice remasters imo. I actually like the brighter look of Klonoa 2. Still some of the best platformers ever, they really hold up beautifully with the modest coat of paint applied here. 

20 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m almost done with Klonoa 2 now, these games are still so damn great. Buy it so we can have more :(

If they had priced it more reasonably then I would have bought it on day one, but $40 is a bit pricey for a couple of remasters of old 2.5D platformers IMO. When I can get it for cheaper, I will definitely buy it.

53 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

If they had priced it more reasonably then I would have bought it on day one, but $40 is a bit pricey for a couple of remasters of old 2.5D platformers IMO. When I can get it for cheaper, I will definitely buy it.

yeah, I felt fine with the price as a super fan, but honestly for their own sake I wish they released it at like $25.

I think the price is somewhat justified. It's two games so think about paying $20 for each and it depends on how much effort went into the remaster.

I mean I paid 33 for Capcom Fighting collection (normally $40) and maybe that extra $7 does something psychologically but yeah that's my thinking for justification of getting the game. :p

• 1 year later...