Hello new friend!

Mr.Vic20

• Mr.Vic20 changed the title to Hello new friend!
3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Z690 Asus ROG Maximus Hero! Lovely looking board. Also managed to get some Corsair "Dominator" DDR5, 2 PCIe 4.0 drives, and tis forking monstrosity:

iCUE ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler

Which cooler is that? I didn't know Corsair had one with an LCD screen yet! The ROGs are what I was looking at but decided I'd just wait until there's 5.0 m.2s available lol

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Yeah, its a bit much. Also, I won't get it for 4-5 weeks so I'll be using a Noctua Air cooling tower for a weeks until it arrives. 

I have the 280mm one, platinum model. If they made a 420mm AIO with that LCD screen I'd probably just buy it, tbh. I like having the 140mm fans as they "fill out" my case better :p 

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I have the 280mm one, platinum model. If they made a 420mm AIO with that LCD screen I'd probably just buy it, tbh. I like having the 140mm fans as they "fill out" my case better :p 

OH MY FUCK THEY HAVE A 420MM ONE
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-ELITE-LCD-Display-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060063-WW

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Yes sir, I get that! I'm looking forward to have a real-time temp display on the CPU, simple and brilliant! Just a bit easier locking in the OC, love it!

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I didn’t realize it was even out right away, beautiful! Now you just need a 4000 series gpu to not bottleneck it. :P

Mostly jealous of ddr5 tbh!

You know, its not, but newegg broke the street date of November 4th. They called me (turns out they called ever customer! :lol:) to ask that I don't post anything on Social media about the chipset and I was like "Listen, I just have a CPU, there are no motherboards available to plug it into." and the guy was like, "uh yeah, I guess so". :silly: Will be nice to finally use my PCIe 4.0 drives at full speed. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

How.  It's not out yet?  

WHAT VOODOO GRAPHICS MAGIC BULLSHIT IS THIS SIR?

Newegg broke the street date which is how I now have the following WITHOUT the motherboard to use it:

19-12900K

Noctua NH-15 Chromax Black cooler

Corsair DDR5 32Gb kit (5200Mhz)

PCIe 4.0 980 pro

Somehow, they broke the street date for everything except the mobo, which will ship on Nov. 4th

Waiting GIF - Waiting Finger Tapping Twin Peaks - Discover & Share GIFs

22 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I caved and got a 5900x when I saw one in stock for $50 under MSRP. I can’t wait to go back to Intel. :p 

It's a good CPU. The tinker in me wishes for the 5950x but meh. I'll wait for I guess Zen 5 to see what Intel and AMD offer. Though I have noticed a good boost from smart tech. I also have a soft spot for AMD because the first PC I build was an Athlon XP. (Throwback)

Solid upgrade from my old 6800k.

8 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

You and me both! I'd like to know some things about the pile of gear I just bought... 

I wanna see some before/after on ubi games when you get it set up! Especially AC, ubi games seem to really like fast ram speed for whatever reason and I’m wondering if ddr5 gives them any sort of a boost! Cyberpunk too of course.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I wanna see some before/after on ubi games when you get it set up! Especially AC, ubi games seem to really like fast ram speed for whatever reason and I’m wondering if ddr5 gives them any sort of a boost! Cyberpunk too of course.

:lol: You truly understand! I said to my wife just the other day, well now maybe more Ubisoft games will actually run smoothly! I will get you before and after benchs for AC Valhalla, Far Cry 6, Cyberpunk, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Any others? 

9 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

:lol: You truly understand! I said to my wife just the other day, well now maybe more Ubisoft games will actually run smoothly! I will get you before and after benchs for AC Valhalla, Far Cry 6, Cyberpunk, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Any others? 

AC Odyssey (I know you're doing Valhalla, but I don't have that on PC and I want to compare :santasun:)