Voice cast for Illumination’s Mario movie has been announced, and it’s questionable

Kamusha

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Rosalina starts selling star bits cut with poison mushrooms, Toads are dying left and right, and only the Mario boys can clean these mean streets. Anything’s possible with family and whatnot.

The mysterious Jigsaw uses his music box to put our heroes into a slumber. When they wake in a strange metamorphic room, a roll of the dice determine their fate as they battle the odds, and each other, in tests of strength, skill, and wits.  There can be only one winner. This is not your daddy's Mario Party.

• 2 months later...

The movie had moments but it lacked even an ok story for me. It felt more like a Mario “remember berries” movie playing nostalgic gaming moments. Yes some were great but I’m still looking for substance. Plus I wish it had a 3D disc release because that might of bumped up my enjoyment factor.

• True 1

• 3 months later...

I also finally watched this today and overall I enjoyed it, It's obviously primarily a movie for kids, and clearly it's not "high cinema", but they made it fun for sure, IMO. The time did fly by quite quickly, and I like what they did with the characters and how they gave them backstory, personality, etc.