Voice cast for Illumination’s Mario movie has been announced, and it’s questionable

Kamusha

19 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

The CG certainly looks great, the visual design and aesthetic are right on, and I don't mind the voice acting. Kids and adults will no doubt eat this shit up. But for me that felt way too quippy and generic for Super Mario type stuff. It's a movie, it's obviously gotta be its own thing since there isn't much to go on with the games in terms of dialogue tone, but I dunno, Mario looks super bumbling to a frustrating degree, Peach is a competent, exasperated woman, it all feels kind of generic in a dialogue/story way, like I've seen the bones of this a million times in animated kids films recently. Could just be the trailer. Didn't hate it or love it.

Oh it's paint-by-numbers for sure. They're playing it safe as shit, as there's a ton of money on the line, and Nintendo is a doting helicopter parent when it comes to their IPs.

That said, I'm sure Mario's bumbling characteristics are part of his "arc".

• True 1

11 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Oh it's paint-by-numbers for sure. They're playing it safe as shit, as there's a ton of money on the line, and Nintendo is a doting helicopter parent when it comes to their IPs.

That said, I'm sure Mario's bumbling characteristics are part of his "arc".

Yeah, no doubt. Again, it's also just the trailer. Between the two trailers, I think moreso this is gonna be wayyyy too jam packed with fanservice, but again, people will eat it up. This thing prints money, but all the more reason it should try to actually be good since it would make money either way.

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah, no doubt. Again, it's also just the trailer. Between the two trailers, I think moreso this is gonna be wayyyy too jam packed with fanservice, but again, people will eat it up. This thing prints money, but all the more reason it should try to actually be good since it would make money either way.

Just wait til the after credits stinger where Waluigi and Wario show up!

• Haha 1
  • True 1

6 hours ago, Jason said:

wut

Super Princess Peach is a DS game that shipped with a rumble pak, that takes place on Vibe Island, where you use the touchscreen to manipulate Peach's emotional vibes, where Bowser steals a Vibe Scepter to try to take over the world. It's weird.

• Hugs 1

While I don’t disagree with anything anyone has said. Every observation about the trailer I agree with. But at the same time, what was everyone honestly expecting this to be? This is illumination not Pixar(not that they’ve been anything great the last decade). 

For me personally I WANT all the fan service. That’s what I expected out of this. 90 minutes of “No way I can’t believe they included *insert obscure Mario 2 reference* in this movie” and for Jack Black to be awesome and steal the movie. Which it looks like it’s both of those haha

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I was asking my mom's friend if she wanted to see this. I really had to twist her arm in order for her to say yes. But I said let's go see John Wick and it was an immediate yes.

You take your mom’s friend on movie dates a lot?

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to be reviewing poorly

RT_TwitterCard_2018.jpg
WWW.ROTTENTOMATOES.COM

With help from Princess Peach, Mario gets ready to square off against the all-powerful Bowser to stop his plans from conquering the world.

1497.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The second film adaptation of the phenomenally successful video game is a disappointment to rival the first