If games are gonna have all this DLC, they HAVE to start making it more clear WTF you are buying.

Paperclyp

MMOs, Destiny and what have you are bad enough about communicating this - often times to the point where it seems intentional so you can't figure out what the most efficient way to purchase their shit is - but I am just looking at the Hitman 3 DLC and the descriptions are so fucking vague. It's infuriating enough that I won't even buy it. I shouldn't have to google to guide myself into answers of what I'm actually purchasing.

It's freaking absurd. 

3 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

MMOs, Destiny and what have you are bad enough about communicating this - often times to the point where it seems intentional so you can't figure out what the most efficient way to purchase their shit is - but I am just looking at the Hitman 3 DLC and the descriptions are so fucking vague. It's infuriating enough that I won't even buy it. I shouldn't have to google to guide myself into answers of what I'm actually purchasing.

It's freaking absurd. 

You're absolutely spot-on!  It's gotten really freakin' bad over the last couple of years.

• Thanks 1

I bought Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, on sale, awhile back and have no idea what I actually got. I used to check the other DLC because I was enjoying it, but it felt like I had partial content of all the other various DLC. It was confusing and I never did buy anything more for it. 

6 hours ago, Derek said:

I bought Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, on sale, awhile back and have no idea what I actually got. I used to check the other DLC because I was enjoying it, but it felt like I had partial content of all the other various DLC. It was confusing and I never did buy anything more for it. 

Yes MK11 is a perfect example. Once you buy something in the store, you have to activate it in the game as well. And it doesn't track very well that you've purchased it. I had a buddy buy all of the characters and when he tried to activate them, it charged him again. 

I hate the fact that after you buy some DLC, you're almost on a quest within the game to even figure out where to find it.  It doesn't tell you things such as talk to so and so character to access it.  What's worse is DLC missions that fail to even tell you you're branching off into DLC.

12 minutes ago, vaxick said:

I hate the fact that after you buy some DLC, you're almost on a quest within the game to even figure out where to find it.  It doesn't tell you things such as talk to so and so character to access it.  What's worse is DLC missions that fail to even tell you you're branching off into DLC.

No the worst is Japanese games that get like a second launch on PC (or a "definitive edition" if they rerelease on consoles) and then you just have 900 pop-ups that you have to manually click through telling you about EACH AND EVERY FUCKING PIECE OF DLC AND HOW TO UNLOCK IT.

Bitch I just started up this game for the first time ever I don't know where the Caligulant Society for Shitpickery is, let alone what this Artifact Juicer is going to do, I don't even know how to play yet! Notify me at the proper time!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, vaxick said:

Ugh. Control was like that.

• Haha 1

I had this example when I bought the recent Aliens game. The more expensive version comes with 4 pieces of future dlc. I don't think Playstation Store specifically stated its cosmetic dlc. I only knew when I read about it online. And what is the cosmetic dlc going to be? You're just supposed to pay them money for a promise now, and hopefully you'll like whatever it is they put out. 

5 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Ugh. Control was like that.

That's what came to mind as I was recently playing it and drifted off the main story into the Alan Wake DLC with knowing it.  You'd think the devs could say hey, this is DLC, do you want to play it right now instead of, go off and do it, add more to your mission list.

Just now, vaxick said:

That's what came to mind as I was recently playing it and drifted off the main story into the Alan Wake DLC without knowing it.  You'd think the devs could say hey, this is DLC, do you want to play it right now instead of, go off and do it, add more to your mission list.