Xbox Hires Portal dev Kim Swift to make Cloud Games - Rumored Kojima's next game

JPDunks4

9 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

If the next Kojima game is indeed on xbox, I wonder what it'll be (the horror game?) and if it's a timed exclusive or not. I'm starting to miss the simplicity of last gen when most of the stuff I wanted to play was on one console. :(

It seems like this will some kind of cloud based game, so not sure if that would be horror.

Also if Microsoft is building it out with him from the ground up, it'll probably be a pure Xbox Exclusive. 

I was really interested by Stadia's promise to build cloud based games that couldn't be done on PCs/Consoles, but I don't feel like we really even got much hint as to what those might be. I'm glad that Microsoft is now looking to do the same, because at a high level it makes sense that hosting a game session for everyone on the same cloud server could open up possibilities that might not otherwise exist.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So you played and  beat the majority of his games? Ok

Pretty much. Death Stranding just stood out more than the MGS games for me. I never played a game like that before. So I'm looking forward in what he has in store next.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, JPDunks4 said:

Letters of Intent are used regularly and unless certain stipulations aren't met, tend to hold up.  People don't just sign them of they aren't intended to follow through.

Oh, I'm aware that they're regularly used - I just have little use for them as they typically have no legally-binding provisions :p

I expect whatever he does won't take too long to make for AAA standards. People seemed to not believe that he was getting Death Stranding developed quickly despite reports saying everything was going very well and Kojima talking about being ahead of schedule (which usually devs seem to hedge how quickly they'll get a game out). Guy works quickly his whole career.

Kojima is currently working with Sony on Death Stranding: Director's Cut. I wonder if he begins production on this after DS:DC releases. And if he wants to stick with one project at a time since the article says it's unlikely this precludes him from working with anyone else.

53 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Oh, I'm aware that they're regularly used - I just have little use for them as they typically have no legally-binding provisions :p

Yeah, we buy a lot of commercial real estate, and LOI's are typically the checkbox that once checked, sets a lot of other things in motion.  Don't think we've ever had a deal go south after an LOI was signed, other than when a stipulation couldn't be met.

• 1 year later...