Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp [Coming April 21, 2023]

Keyser_Soze

I booted up the first game last night and wow the tutorial alone was thorough. Like, it was extra-long, more than it needed to be. Or maybe it just felt like that since I already know how to play Advance Wars. The graphics still look pretty decent, but...I think an update to the visuals won't be a bad thing. Especially for all the 2D art, thanks to those crazy wizards at WayForward. 

After this, I want Konami to get WayForward to re-boot Contra

....I know that'll never happen. But let me dream...! 

On 6/20/2021 at 9:10 AM, GameDadGrant said:

There is online play and customizable maps you can share with others.

(Read the thread, dude! LOL)

We have confirmation on online play but not on customizable or sharable maps. (I was sharing that Days of Ruin had the feature.)

Your words have been marked!

I do mostly  agree with you, it really feels like a no-brainer feature that should be bare minimum table-stakes for a game like this... but I'm so used to being let down by Nintendo, I always assume the worst case for everything until they prove otherwise.

• Confused 1

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp [April 08, 2022]
19 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@GameDadGrant should have taken that bet

I ain't no gamblin' man! 

19 hours ago, ort said:

My true hope is that they eventually port his to mobile.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. However! I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't made a mobile Advance Wars game yet. Fire Emblem seems to be a hit on mobile, so why not this? :D 

18 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I love how clean this game looks. Everything is just so sharp and there is no filler. It’s slick. 

Hey, I wonder if this reboot does well, if there is a chance that Battalion Wars can make a comeback too?

Oh fuck I remember that game! I remember I rented it on the Gamecube and thought it had some of the most annoying voice acting haha! 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The ugly 3d models in lieu of maybe nice looking 2D artwork (kind of like how the character artwork looks) would certainly be more pleasing to the eye. As it stands Chucklefish has outstyled Advance Wars already and it hasn't even come out yet.

48 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

agreed. I never played them before and everyone hyped them up so I was looking forward to it. Then I saw what it looks like. I’m good thanks. Gross. 

What?! I love how the tanks and planes and everything look like plastic toy models or something. Totally fits the style of the game, IMHO.  

Regardless, the 2D portraits and animation all look top notch. And the gameplay is all stone cold classic, so it’s all good in the end.

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp [Release Date TBD]
4 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

If only Nintendo was like Battlefront.

Russia takes Crimea and supports the seperatists. Battlefront: let's make a combat missions of a fictional US/Ukraine vs Russia war..

Battlefront? Did you mean Battlefield? Lol

13 minutes ago, Brick said:

Battlefront? Did you mean Battlefield? Lol

No battlefront. It's a dev that make strategy titles. The Combat Mission is their most famous. They have various WW2 titles and have 3 modern ones. Shock Force 1&2 are NATO vs Syria and Shock Force Black Sea is Ukraine/US vs Russia.

4 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

No battlefront. It's a dev that make strategy titles. The Combat Mission is their most famous. They have various WW2 titles and have 3 modern ones. Shock Force 1&2 are NATO vs Syria and Shock Force Black Sea is Ukraine/US vs Russia.

Oh. I was thinking Star Wars: Battlefront. 

• 9 months later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp [Coming Soon?]