The Official E3 2021 MEGA thread! June 12th-15th

Remarkableriots

They showed us their hand way too early prior to this.  No Hellblade 2.  No Avowed.  No next Elder Scrolls.  No Fable.  No Everwild.  No Perfect Dark.  Almost nothing trailer of Starfield.  Concept trailer for the Avalanche Studios and Arkane Austin games.  Self-mockery trailer of Outer Wilds 2 having nothing done yet.

Horizon 5 delivered though, and made up for regular Forza’s absence.  Indie games, like last year, were on point.

Halo didn’t look dramatically better, but that’s not unexpected.  F2P multiplayer though is a win.

There weren‘t acquisitions as rumored, but that would have been absurd anyways after Bethesda.

Overall, it’s a ‘wait until next year’ year.  It was a good presentation overall for the pacing and variety of games shown.  But it also gives me the vibe that a Bethesda presser this year would have probably sucked.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I felt is was a great show sans the fact that the majority of their bigger RPGs seem to be beyond 2022. Those being

Elder Scrolls 6 - we knew this

Avowed - Worrying that we saw literally nothing new here

Fable 4 - fuck sake, not even an alpha shot or two? 

If you don’t have gameplay to show, you are better off showing nothing. If Microsoft showed an alpha shot of Fable 4, they would be ridiculed and rightly so. Let those game cook in the shadows. 

I am surprised by no Setsuna. I thought that would be 2021 or early 2022. 

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If you don’t have a sub to Game Pass, 

Lauren Hashian Wtf GIF by swerk

for me, it still makes sense to only sub when I want to play something 

Otherwise I would literally just be wasting money. I'll sub for the Halo SP and I'll probably play Hades then too. 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

for me, it still makes sense to only sub when I want to play something 

Otherwise I would literally just be wasting money. I'll sub for the Halo SP and I'll probably play Hades then too. 

You hate indies so majority of the content doesn’t interest you which make sense to sub a month at a time. For those who enjoy sampling games, it’s a great deal. 

Just now, The def star said:

If there is nothing on game pass at the moment that you want to play then maybe you don't like games? 

Or they don't have the games I want to play or I already own what they have to offer

6 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If you don’t have gameplay to show, you are better off showing nothing. If Microsoft showed an alpha shot of Fable 4, they would be ridiculed and rightly so. Let those game cook in the shadows.

The lesson is to not show a CG teaser trailer of a game when the in-game visuals are more than a year out from being presentable.

Or just don’t show a CG trailer at all.  It’s 2021.

2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

The lesson is to not show a CG teaser trailer of a game when the in-game visuals are more than a year out from being presentable.

Or just don’t show a CG trailer at all.  It’s 2021.

Agree. They made the mistake the first time. Glad to see they didn’t repeat it again. Let it cook

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Or they don't have the games I want to play or I already own what they have to offer

There's currently 376 games on game pass. You're telling me there's isn't a couple on there that you want to play and don't have?

Either way I'm joshing you. Game Pass is a hell of an offer and hope they eventually have something you want to play.

22 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

22 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

XGPCalendar_Inline.jpg?resize=1920%2C108

Last year, I wasn't sold on gamepass at all. Now im all on board. I still think sony has better first party (and im not an online fps guy, so halo is just a campaign to me), but GP is incredible.

Just now, The def star said:

There's currently 376 games on game pass. You're telling me there's isn't a couple on there that you want to play and don't have?

The last 4 games I have played were ELEX, Code Vein, Monster Hunter World + Iceborn, and now FF12. FF12 and Code Vein are on game pass. The other two aren't. FF12 didn't come to game pass until this year in Feb, but I bought it back in 2019 or 2020. Now I could have gotten Code Vein on Game Pass, but I got it on a steam sale instead. Before those 4 games, that last 3 games were Doom Eternal, WoW Shadowlands, and FF14.

Also, on PC it says 266 games for me. And here is only one game on the list that I don't own that I'll probably play someday and that game is Greedfall. I mostly play AAA rpgs and I almost always rather own them. 

31 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Buddy, have a seat, I have some bad news... 

I remember my mom and step dad sitting me down and saying that. They eventually told me my goldfish had died while i was gone for the weekend with my dad.... i told them don't scare me like that i thought my cat died! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

XGS releases in the rest of 2021:

Flight Simulator

Psyconauts 2

Age of Empires IV

Forza Horizon 4

Halo Infinite

In a world where Microsoft was fully prepared, that would have been a great launch window line-up for Series X/S from them.  Hopefully it’s the start of releases picking up steam, especially with their acquisitions.  With the exception of Psyconauts 2 those are their old standbys.

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The last 4 games I have played were ELEX, Code Vein, Monster Hunter World + Iceborn, and now FF12. FF12 and Code Vein are on game pass. The other two aren't. FF12 didn't come to game pass until this year in Feb, but I bought it back in 2019 or 2020. Now I could have gotten Code Vein on Game Pass, but I got it on a steam sale instead. Before those 4 games, that last 3 games were Doom Eternal, WoW Shadowlands, and FF14.

Also, on PC it says 266 games for me. And here is only one game on the list that I don't own that I'll probably play someday and that game is Greedfall. I mostly play AAA rpgs and I almost always rather own them. 

The issue with RPGs on Gamepass is that most will be gone within a year after they’re signed on.  I can do that with smaller games.  But big 50+ hour RPGs I might put off, or try to come back to?  Nope, I don’t want that stress.

It’s huge that they’ve snapped up several RPG studios.  It’s means those games at least aren’t time sensitive.

Remind me not to get into the insider hype next year. They had rumors of up to 5 studios being acquired. And don’t tell me they didn’t want to detract from Bethesda because all they really did is reveal Redfall with no gameplay. A Starfield teaser and Fallout 76 expansions, fuck off with that. Shit we couldn’t even a Deathloop showcase because it’s out on PS5 first and an update to Ghostwire.