Governor declares state of emergency for California wildfire

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/governor-declares-state-of-emergency-for-california-wildfire/ar-BBLJ7DL?ocid=AMZN

California Gov. Jerry Brown has declared a state of emergency as a wildfire that forced 20,000 people from their homes continues to rage south of Los Angeles.

Brown issued the declaration Thursday for Orange and Riverside counties because of a fire in the Cleveland National Forest that's threatening thousands of homes.

The fire near Lake Elsinore is devouring brushy foothills, ridgetops and canyons. It's blackened 16 square miles (41 square kilometers) and is only 5 percent contained.

On Thursday, flames came within yards of some homes.

A man charged with intentionally setting the fire is scheduled for arraignment on Friday.

I'm in Sacramento right now for training. Had to buy a tide pod to do my laundry at the hotel and the lady at the counter was taking call after call of people looking for a hotel room because their house was evacuated and now the hotel they were currently at is being evacuated.

Also ash is everywhere. I cleaned out one of the trucks because we were having a slow day and by the next day the little gray specs were all over the truck again.