National Treasure getting a series on D+

Only problem is its being completely reimagined aka it's going PC. Nick Cage's Gates character is out, being replaced by a 20 something female Dreamer, and a promised diverse cast. Sure this isn't supposed to be a CW show? I don't give a crap if they want to make a similar show, but Cage is the National Treasure series. I kept hoping for a 3rd movie. Go ahead and make the show, but call it something else...let me get my 3rd movie!!!

MCDNATR_EC013-e1616608550538.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

EXCLUSIVE: The long-gestating National Treasure TV series has been greenlighted with a 10-episode order. The project, from the films’ producer Jerry Bruckheimer and original writers Marianne …

Those movies are good fun, sure, and I also wanted a third, but let's not pretend some proud legacy is being tarnished by not having nicolas cage and Justin fucking bartha. 

Just give me conspiracies and treasure hunting, I'm sure it'll be fine. Gotta love a good treasure hunting swashbuckler in whatever form it takes.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Those movies are good fun, sure, and I also wanted a third, but let's not pretend some proud legacy is being tarnished by not having nicolas cage and Justin fucking bartha. 

Just give me conspiracies and treasure hunting, I'm sure it'll be fine. Gotta love a good treasure hunting swashbuckler in whatever form it takes.

But Nicolas Cage is being CANCELLED! :cry:

I would have never expected Cage to star in a Disney+ series, so it doesn't really feel like like we're "losing" him. 

And from the article:

The development of the National Treasure series has been on parallel tracks with the long gestating trequel to Jon Turtletaub‘s movie franchise starring Cage, which brought in Chris Bremner as writer in January 2020.

so a new Cage movie is still possible. 

• Like 1

I just want to say that it's not "PC" to have a diverse cast that represents society. No one comments when a cast has a white, male lead, and we shouldn't comment or take exception when it's a non white male lead (especially since white men account for only something like 25-30% of the US?).

Having said that, I agree that Nicholas Cage should own this. But if they are replacing him, then by all means create a diverse cast that gives representation to traditionally non-represented groups.

Bringing politics into these discussions just clouds everything.  It will either be good or not on its own.  Normally my guess is that it would suck... but Disney has been putting out some damn good shows between the Mando and Wanda shows.  So it kind of depends how much money they are spending on this.  If it is a quick cash grab that they are aiming at a teen crowd then it will suck.