Update: second former aide accuses Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've actually heard the same thing... I remember an Italian American friend of mine saying how aggresive Italians were when she went to italy. Very handsy if I recall.

Yep, very handsy is exactly what I heard. I mean I almost got into 3 fights in Florence and Rome because two dudes chased two female friends of mine down with bicycles (as one example). The show "I May Destroy You" did not portray Italian men in a positive light either. I like when @skillzdadirecta and I agree. :p 

12 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

This is my parents. They've never even been to NY, but they have a massive case of MSNBC-brain. They loved his press conferences during the pandemic and would tell me that I should watch them.

I know everyone here hates Cuomo -- for plenty of good reasons -- but daily press briefings and power points/press conferences through much of the pandemic were a good thing for people who were looking for some kind of vision and guidance during an uncertain time when mental health issues skyrocketed. Even on this board, there were a couple people I remember saying they felt very relaxed and reassured watching Cuomo do his conferences and talk about New York's plan because they felt they were getting no guidance or steady hand from the White House, and it felt good to know that there were elected officials who had plans and detailed them for regular Americans so they had some idea as to what was going on, why things were happening, and some kind of assurance that lockdowns weren't the end of the world. I think people forget how anxious people were last year.

MSNBC-brain is real, but Cuomo became super popular because he attracted way more than liberals. I know conservative-leaning independents here in Florida, who also have never been to NY, who are not ready to attack Cuomo yet because they think DeSantis has been shitty and confrontational to the press for no reason the entire time and would rather have had Cuomo.

13 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Italians are excellent sexual assaulters from the experience of women who were in Italy when we were all visiting multiple times now. Very aggressive sexually. 

Look, just because they say “sitta on miya lap and we’ll talk about the firsta thing thatta pops up!” doesn’t mean they’re being aggressive!

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

No, but seriously, I had to stop bringing girlfriends around my parents because my dad was overly flirty with all of them. 

Him and his all friends are like a cabal of giant perverts.

That's gross. Reminds me of being in high school and I think it was the day you go to your parent's place of work for the day, so I went out to lunch or dinner with all my dad and all his work buddies, and they're all a bunch of macho pigs, talking about going to the strip club, and my dad going with them, and they saying to me, "see your dad gets out" as if it's supposed to be some sort of reassuring thing. Yeah thanks I love to hear about how my father oogles other women when he's still married to my mother, you dumb fuck! 

16 minutes ago, Brick said:

That's gross. Reminds me of being in high school and I think it was the day you go to your parent's place of work for the day, so I went out to lunch or dinner with all my dad and all his work buddies, and they're all a bunch of macho pigs, talking about going to the strip club, and my dad going with them, and they saying to me, "see your dad gets out" as if it's supposed to be some sort of reassuring thing. Yeah thanks I love to hear about how my father oogles other women when he's still married to my mother, you dumb fuck! 

Yeah, it's all pretty gross, I have also experienced this first hand growing up amongst boomer adults at the time. Like, why do they think kids (boys in this case) want to hear that shit? Toxic masculinity, it was just the norm, and pretty sad.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah, it's all pretty gross, I have also experienced this first hand growing up amongst boomer adults at the time. Like, why do they think kids (boys in this case) want to hear that shit? Toxic masculinity, it was just the norm, and pretty sad.

Plus it just makes me paranoid thinking whether or not my dad has ever cheated on my mom. Obviously looking at tits at a strip club is not the same as actual sex with another woman, but still. 

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

Plus it just makes me paranoid thinking whether or not my dad has ever cheated on my mom. Obviously looking at tits at a strip club is not the same as actual sex with another woman, but still. 

Yeah, I know for a fact unfortunately that my dad cheated on my mom numerous times. In terms of strip clubs, I don't care if my wife goes to a male strip club and so she doesn't mind (though isn't a fan) if I go to a female strip club (which I haven't done since I got married but would if, like, it was a bachelor party or something) as I'm not really a strip club guy. It all depends on what you and your partner are comfortable/agree to. I know guys who have been told by their wives to expressly not go to strip clubs and they go, which to me is cheating (or at least improper) since it's expressly forbidden in their agreement.

So it would all depend on what your mom and dad agreed to. Did you get a sense he was doing it on the sly, hiding it from your mom? 

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah, I know for a fact unfortunately that my dad cheated on my mom numerous times. In terms of strip clubs, I don't care if my wife goes to a male strip club and so she doesn't mind (though isn't a fan) if I go to a female strip club (which I haven't done since I got married but would if, like, it was a bachelor party or something) as I'm not really a strip club guy. It all depends on what you and your partner are comfortable/agree to. I know guys who have been told by their wives to expressly not go to strip clubs and they go, which to me is cheating (or at least improper) since it's expressly forbidden in their agreement.

So it would all depend on what your mom and dad agreed to. Did you get a sense he was doing it on the sly, hiding it from your mom? 

Not sure since that wouldn't really be something they'd talk about in the open (this would have been in grade 9 if I'm thinking of the right time this happened), but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he never told my mom he went to the strip club with his work buddies after a hockey game, or some business meeting, or a business trip to Montreal or something. Not necessarily to hide it, but moreso telling her probably wouldn't have pleased her, so just withholding that it happened. 

My dad is Roman Catholic, and goes to church every Sunday, so I would hope his faith would help him keep an ethical life, but we know that doesn't stop other people (how many Italian mob bosses go around killing and stealing, and yet are still super devout...like, buddy you know you're not getting into Heaven with the life you live, right?). 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

Not sure since that wouldn't really be something they'd talk about in the open (this would have been in grade 9 if I'm thinking of the right time this happened), but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he never told my mom he went to the strip club with his work buddies after a hockey game, or some business meeting, or a business trip to Montreal or something. Not necessarily to hide it, but moreso telling her probably wouldn't have pleased her, so just withholding that it happened. 

My dad is Roman Catholic, and goes to church every Sunday, so I would hope his faith would help him keep an ethical life, but we know that doesn't stop other people (how many Italian mob bosses go around killing and stealing, and yet are still super devout...like, buddy you know you're not getting into Heaven with the life you live, right?). 

Thanks for sharing about such a personal matter - where do you land on "it wouldn't please her so I just won't tell her" policy generally speaking? I don't like keeping things from my wife, and if I keep something that would expressly displease her, aren't I in a way lying because that's obviously something particularly that she'd want to know over something more benign?

Where do I land on that policy for myself? I mean I don't like lying, but I also think it would depend on the circumstances. Going to a strip club yeah I'd tell my girlfriend I'm going (if it was for a bachelor party or something; I wouldn't go on my own since I don't care enough about them) so I could reassure her I'm not going to do anything inappropriate, and hiding that from her wouldn't feel right, because if she ever found out she'd wonder why I didn't tell her. Whereas not telling her that I didn't work on something I said I was going to do is obviously much smaller, or tell her I booked a doctor's appointment to check something out that turned out to be nothing because I didn't want to worry her unless it did turn out to be something more serious. Things like that yeah maybe I wouldn't always tell her because it's less "it won't please her", and more "it will needlessly worry her", but something big that could get her upset, and make her suspicious of me, even if I'm not actually doing something wrong (I have a big moral problem with cheating), it would feel wrong and I would feel guilty, so yeah I would let her know in advance, and if she said she wasn't comfortable with it, like going to a strip club, then I wouldn't go. 

42 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Strip clubs are never even worth it if you're going to a strip club to go to a strip club.

36 minutes ago, Brick said:

Where do I land on that policy for myself? I mean I don't like lying, but I also think it would depend on the circumstances. Going to a strip club yeah I'd tell my girlfriend I'm going (if it was for a bachelor party or something; I wouldn't go on my own since I don't care enough about them) so I could reassure her I'm not going to do anything inappropriate, and hiding that from her wouldn't feel right, because if she ever found out she'd wonder why I didn't tell her. Whereas not telling her that I didn't work on something I said I was going to do is obviously much smaller, or tell her I booked a doctor's appointment to check something out that turned out to be nothing because I didn't want to worry her unless it did turn out to be something more serious. Things like that yeah maybe I wouldn't always tell her because it's less "it won't please her", and more "it will needlessly worry her", but something big that could get her upset, and make her suspicious of me, even if I'm not actually doing something wrong (I have a big moral problem with cheating), it would feel wrong and I would feel guilty, so yeah I would let her know in advance, and if she said she wasn't comfortable with it, like going to a strip club, then I wouldn't go. 

This is well said, and I agree with you. I think people also forget there's not just physical cheating, but emotional cheating as well, and that both are sliding scales. There's even physical impropriety and emotional impropriety that are also on sliding scales but matter as well. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

This is well said, and I agree with you. I think people also forget there's not just physical cheating, but emotional cheating as well, and that both are sliding scales. There's even physical impropriety and emotional impropriety that are also on sliding scales but matter as well. 

Honesty is a very important part of any relationship. We have a agreement that there are no secrets between us. Our second anniversary is this weekend, and in these two years we haven't had a single fight, not because we're withholding anything to avoid one (which is actually more unhealthy than having a fight because that just leads to things building up and exploding), but because we're able to communicate and talk to each other like adults when something is wrong. Our first date went so well in part because we were able to talk all night with no awkward silences. The closest we've had to being upset at the other is if one of us has a really bad day (depressed, panic attack, whatever) and doesn't say anything to avoid getting the other worried, and it's like, "no no, babe, you've gotta tell me these things so I can help". 

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Yep, all Italians.

I'm only half Italian, do I count? 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: second former aide accuses Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment