Supergirl movie

https://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-add-supergirl-dc-cinematic-universe/

The next stage of the DC Cinematic Universe continues to be built as Warner Bros. has signed on Oren Uziel to write a script for a Supergirl movie, a person with knowledge of the talks told TheWrap.

Supergirl, a.k.a. Kara Danvers, has already become a big name in DC’s ongoing TV Arrowverse, with Melissa Benoist playing the Kryptonian heroine for four seasons on the hit CW show bearing her name.

The Supergirl that will be on the big screen will be played by a different actress, but the film’s tone is believed to be closer to the CW show than to most of the recent DC films, as former New Line exec and DC boss Walter Hamada moves the franchise away from the dark, cynical tone of past movies.

They should cast Marci Miller, who almost no one will have heard of but would be a good fit. She was in Deathrace 2040, which I know sounds like a dumb resume, but she stood out as charming with good timing and instincts in some cheesy material. I think she is also on a soap opera. Next to Gadot and Cavill she would fit the Universe they've built.

Looks the part:

Spoiler

Dd.jpg

41 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

he means from the TV series, much like many wanted the kid from the Flash tv show to be in the justice league movie

At this point I'm not sure who is better off for them not crossing mediums.

Eh.  I don't care a bunch.  I have never watched the show.  I just don't understand having two separate iterations of the same character going at the same time.

I would hope that if someday Marvel wanted Daredevil or the Punisher to show up in a movie they would not recast.  

4 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

The Supergirl that will be on the big screen will be played by a different actress,

Yet they're still being tightasses about letting the Supergirl show use Superman despite having already cast a good one, and keep jerking Arrow around on Slade Wilson.

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

The tv show is really hard to watch if you're not a sucker for radical feminism. So, hopefully this movie won't follow suit...

Only the first season was unbearable in the blunt and inartful attempts to make it explicitly about "ra ra girl power".

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Only the first season was unbearable in the blunt and inartful attempts to make it explicitly about "ra ra girl power".

The first season was like pulling teeth. Then I painfully struggled to get through season 2, and I just couldn't take it anymore. Did it get any better after that?

13 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

The first season was like pulling teeth. Then I painfully struggled to get through season 2, and I just couldn't take it anymore. Did it get any better after that?

I think you're conflating the show's tone, which is positivity and optimism, as a criticism. The show is meant to come off the way it does in season 2 - I thought season 2 was fine for a superhero CW show, no better or worse than The Flash or Arrow. That might seem inartful and blunt in terms of its tone but that's intentionally part of it, for better or worse. 

18 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think you're conflating the show's tone, which is positivity and optimism, as a criticism. The show is meant to come off the way it does in season 2 - I thought season 2 was fine for a superhero CW show, no better or worse than The Flash or Arrow. That might seem inartful and blunt in terms of its tone but that's intentionally part of it, for better or worse. 

With regard to the "ra ra girl power" stuff, I only found season 1 to be too much in this regard and pulling teeth isn't an unreasonable way to describe it IMO. It became more natural-feeling in subsequent seasons. 

With regard to show quality I think it's gotten better each season. The main problem I had in season 2 was how they kept bringing episodes to a screeching halt to do overly-long Alex and Maggie scenes, which always felt like a different show. They stopped doing that in season 3 though. 

It started to fall apart a bit in the last several episodes of season 3, but I suspect they got derailed by Kreisberg getting fired and Kreisberg probably not having sufficiently shared his full vision for the back half of the season for anyone to be able to execute it in his absence. I do agree with a review I read that it seemed like the showrunners knew they'd lost the thread and started trying to cut their losses and start trying to lay the groundwork for season 4, instead of doubling down on a failing arch. 

Now if it's the CW romance drama stuff that bothers you then I don't know what to tell you, these are still CW shows, it comes with the territory. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

With regard to the "ra ra girl power" stuff, I only found season 1 to be too much in this regard and pulling teeth isn't an unreasonable way to describe it IMO. It became more natural-feeling in subsequent seasons. 

With regard to show quality I think it's gotten better each season. The main problem I had in season 2 was how they kept bringing episodes to a screeching halt to do overly-long Alex and Maggie scenes, which always felt like a different show. They stopped doing that in season 3 though. 

It started to fall apart a bit in the last several episodes of season 3, but I suspect they got derailed by Kreisberg getting fired and Kreisberg probably not having sufficiently shared his full vision for the back half of the season for anyone to be able to execute it in his absence. I do agree with a review I read that it seemed like the showrunners knew they'd lost the thread and started trying to cut their losses and start trying to lay the groundwork for season 4, instead of doubling down on a failing arch. 

Now if it's the CW romance drama stuff that bothers you then I don't know what to tell you, these are still CW shows, it comes with the territory. 

I think this is a fair description of the show - I enjoyed season 2, but I simply stopped all CW superhero show watching after that heh. 

It's been too long since I watched the second season (let alone the first), but I can easily admit that the show frustrates me because I'm an avid fan of Loeb and Turner's Supergirl reboot from 2005. And even if I'm not seeing that playing out on the television show, it probably is just that I'm too old/cynical to separate and ignore all the teenage drama tropes that are littered throughout each episode that really annoy the hell out of me.

Yet still, there's just something about Supergirl that reeks of horrible pacing. The actors and actresses are all fine, and the looks/aesthetics of the world around them are fine. But when I compare it to The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and kinda to Arrow, Supergirl is missing some sort of broader scope that those three already produce. And I think it's just that I don't know what the specifics of that "scope" are, so I can't comment correctly. All I really know is that whatever last season's batch of episodes were (Supergirl S2, Flash S3?, Legends S2?, Arrow S5?), Supergirl soured the entire universe for me. I started with Legends (that was fun), went to The Flash (a lot of crappy romance, but the fun factor at least balanced it out), then went to Supergirl where every episode felt like a deep kick in the nuts for some reason, and then I couldn't even attempt to watch Arrow for MONTHS afterwards. Hell, I couldn't even stand trying to watch Gotham, which I know/knew is miles more entertaining to me than all the CW shows combined.  I eventually did get to watch it (and it was great), but now I'm really dreading going back to the Arrow-verse when the new episodes are released on bluray starting next week.

Oh well. Like I said, hopefully this new Supergirl movie goes in some new direction that doesn't kowtow to gender biasing.