Cabinet schabinet (and other biden appointments)

3 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

What is her ideology? Why does it matter? 

Incredulity is not an argument. 

Tanden's left-wing critics pointed to her history of pushing cuts to Social Security, disparaging Medicare for All and other popular ideas, and proudly raising money from massive corporations

Nothing to do with the sorts of things you do at OMB, right? 

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/03/02/you-do-love-see-it-progressives-cheer-withdrawal-neera-tandens-omb-nomination

We all know that the reason there's a vocal anti-Tanden contingent is because she wasn't sufficiently deferential to Bernie right? That's what using "centrism" as a slur means.  It's literally the inverse of how people treated Tulsa Gabbard as a progressive when she is not; she kissed Bernie's ring. It has fuck-all to do with anything you could identify as a workable ideology.

21 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

She's not qualified because of her... general ideology. Riiiight.

What do you think the director of the OMB actually does? 

Like seriously, the buzzwords are making you look worse and worse. She's unqualified to be OMB director because she's "too centrist." Give me a break. 

Again, I don't know anything about her and I don't respond to leftist tribal nonsense. Can you make any argument against her that doesn't involve treating her like a boogeyman? Repeating "centrist" over and over again isn't doing it. 

You are the one who intimated she was unqualified.  Back it up or admit that accusation was based on nothing. Otherwise you're wasting my time. 

As Jason reiterated and I put as an edit earlier in an earlier post, she has indicated she's all for cutting parts of necessary programs like social security and the ACA. That's her centrist ideology at work. When you are working at the office of budget management, that's a problem in my opinion, and that's due to her ideology then pushing policies like cutting social security. 

It's pretty simple - ideology matters a lot. There's no buzzwords - a centrist ideology is a term with a lot of baggage that we both know what it brings. You, on the other hand, have explained nothing excepting what appears to be feigned ignorance, which makes you a dishonest debater.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nothing to do with the sorts of things you do at OMB, right? 

tanden.jpg
WWW.COMMONDREAMS.ORG

"The reason to celebrate the end of Neera Tanden's nomination has nothing to do with her late-night out-of-control rage-tweeting...

this

Will you ever read the links you post? Aggressive tweets from walker bragman and brianna joy-gray are... not evidence. They're turning CAP's support for chained CPI into this? Give me a fucking break. 

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a liberal think tank, found that the chained CPI “would cut Social Security retirement benefits by about 2 percent, on average.” The organization, nevertheless, said it would support the concept under certain conditions.

This makes her unqualified? Are you fucking serious? You're both children. Grow up. 

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

By all metrics she's qualified. But being an unprofessional shit talker (and from what I see a bad boss to work for) just won't fly in civility world. 

I actually liked that she was a shit talker online.

Same - the tweets are something I actually liked about her.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

By all metrics she's qualified. But being an unprofessional shit talker (and from what I see a bad boss to work for) just won't fly in civility world. 

I actually liked that she was a shit talker online.

Agreed, which is why her nomination was always obviously a sacrifice to the conservatives in the senate. The one he doesn't get so he gets the rest. 

That said, if this is at all true that makes her unqualified to lead any organization. The tweets I liked.

the-center-for-american-progress-staff-w
WWW.BUZZFEEDNEWS.COM

The meeting comes after BuzzFeed News reported on allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation against those who reported at the progressive organization. “People audibly gasped...

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That said, if this is at all true that makes her unqualified to lead any organization. The tweets I liked.

WWW.BUZZFEEDNEWS.COM

The meeting comes after BuzzFeed News reported on allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation against those who reported at the progressive organization. “People audibly gasped...

Sounds like it was an oopsie but yeah that's a bad one. I don't know if that raises to the level of blackballing but it's at least a worthy and real discussion. 

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

WWW.BUZZFEEDNEWS.COM

The meeting comes after BuzzFeed News reported on allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation against those who reported at the progressive organization. “People...

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't see anything corroborating that. You guys love your hearsay don't you? Like, we can't just have a normal conversation. You have to find some link that sounds like a trump card as long as nobody actually reads it and hope nobody actually reads it. 

9 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I don't see anything corroborating that. You guys love your hearsay don't you? Like, we can't just have a normal conversation. You have to find some link that sounds like a trump card as long as nobody actually reads it and hope nobody actually reads it. 

She was accused of punching this guy in the chest and her defense as told by her to the Times was that she "just" pushed him.

In 2008, Neera Tanden, then a top aide on Hillary Clinton’s first presidential campaign, accompanied Mrs. Clinton to what was expected to be an easy interview at the Center for American Progress, the influential group founded by top Clinton aides. But Faiz Shakir, the chief editor of the think tank’s ThinkProgress website, asked Mrs. Clinton a question about the Iraq war, an issue dogging her candidacy because she had supported it.

Ms. Tanden responded by circling back to Mr. Shakir after the interview and, according to a person in the room, punching him in the chest.

“I didn’t slug him, I pushed him,” a still angry Ms. Tanden corrected in a recent interview.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/15/us/politics/tanden-sanders-.html

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

"she's a centrist" is just dumb. The president is joe biden

That doesn't mean I have to like her as a nominee just because it's explainable because Joe Biden is also a centrist. So no, it's not dumb, just expected. Some of his nominees have come out as more progressive than I would have expected - Neera Tanden isn't one of them - perhaps his next nominee will also be one of those "more progressive than expected" persons and, if so, again, all the better she didn't win the nomination. So my very original post raising the question of her ideology making it so that I'm happy she lost the nomination still stands.

7 hours ago, Anathema- said:

You don't even know what her ideology is! You're absolutely ridiculous. 

Yes, we do - it's easy enough to understand her position just reading through her Wikipedia page on her decisions and positions and takes and a couple of news articles much less full blown in depth research on her. She's absolutely a corporate centrist Democrat, and a bad one at that.

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Merrick Garland to be confirmed at 2:15pm ET today, Marcia Fudge will be HUD secretary

gettyimages-1231323520.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The Senate is expected to confirm Merrick Garland as attorney general and Marcia Fudge as HUD secretary on Wednesday.

Merrick-Garland-2.png
LAWANDCRIME.COM

The Senate has confirmed Merrick Garland as Attorney General of the United States on Tuesday, with even Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) joining in the chorus of bipartisan approval.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

See no different than Trump, he appointed a black person to HUD too, cry moar libtards.

I contend that one of main reasons why Ben Carson was able to stay as HUD secretary the entire Trump presidency, is because he was sleeping the entire time. 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

Because Trump's AG Bill Barr didn't politicize anything. Garland will most likely just do his job, by comparison. In what way has Garland "made clear" he's on board anything politically?

Voldemort thought the big dick toilet salesman was qualified.

• Haha 1

xavier-becerra-ss-jt-210317_161601297083
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Becerra was chosen by Joe Biden while serving as California attorney general.

Republicans also point to Becerra's prosecutorial record, which includes efforts to challenge bans on abortion, as a major red flag. Becerra prosecuted a well-known case challenging the religious exemption made by the Little Sisters of the Poor, who argued they did not need to provide access to contraceptives under the Affordable Care Act.

"There is so much work to be done -- and with this pandemic the clock is already ticking, and the reality is we are already way, way behind," said Washington Sen. Patty Murray, the top Democrat on the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee. "We all want the pandemic to end, which means we all should want the Biden-Harris administration to succeed, and we should be getting qualified nominees like Attorney General Becerra on the job as quickly as possible."

Democrats refute claims that Becerra lacks experience, and cited his experience in health care policy, first as a congressman who oversaw components of Medicare and the Affordable Care Act and then as a defendant of Obamacare as attorney general.

They've also highlighted his work with a Republican attorney general from Louisiana, who he teamed up with last year to try to pressure the Trump administration into reducing the cost of remdesivir, a treatment for coronavirus.

"Xavier Becerra has decades of health care policy experience, worked with Republicans and Democrats to expand access to COVID treatments and take on opioid manufactures while leading the largest state department of justice in the country, and has a strong record of fighting to lower costs for patients," Andrew Bates, Biden's spokesperson, said in a statement.