Cabinet schabinet (and other biden appointments)

32 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Hawley got the same percentage as the Barstool guy.

Desantis has that big bully energy to own them libs or whatever same as Trump and has been a loyal supporter of whatever the fuck right wing project is going on now.

If not trump, it's florida man

FBI Director Wray:

Several insurrectionists were "specifically motivated" by claims of "supremacy of the white race" and included "quite a number" of "racially motivated violent extremists" militia members

No evidence ANTIFA had anything to do with January 6th.

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

I like that the replies are already full of people punching down on progressives and lumping them in with misogynists.

Shows how well people know Neera Tanden. Were progressives misogynists when they were against Amy Coney Barrett? Marjorie Taylor Greene? Lauren Bobitt? Sarah Huckabee Sanders? Idiots.

Unless your argument is that Manchin literally asked for someone he could swing his dick around on to impress his voters then I don't see why you'd intentionally put up a sacrificial lamb and I'm not sure I see it as a super smart idea even if Manchin asked. 

12 hours ago, Anathema- said:

She was always a sacrificial lamb and I'm surprised more of the supposedly savvy folks here didn't get that. Maybe if we weren't rushing to commiserate because the woman hurt our favorite politician's feefees it would have been more discussed. 

Does it matter if she wasn't a good person to nominate? There are many better choices than her for that position.

3 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Oh really? You're that familiar with her qualifications? 

I'm not being specific with OBM, her general ideology though indicates she wouldn't do policies beneficial to the most people regardless of department, like most centrists. That's what I've understood about her anyway, I'm happy to be wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not being specific with OBM, her general ideology though indicates she wouldn't do policies beneficial to the most people regardless of department, like most centrists. That's what I've understood about her anyway, I'm happy to be wrong. 

That's a strong opinion to have without any details. Honestly it sounds like you've outsourced your opinion here. Is that something that's typical for you? 

3 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

That's a strong opinion to have without any details. Honestly it sounds like you've outsourced your opinion here. Is that something that's typical for you? 

I haven't outsourced my opinion, I'm saying that from what I've read about her over the years, that's what I recall as my take. I don't remember her very well off hand other than remembering I didn't like her take on things. I admit, that's a general take, but it's not like I keep a file of Neera Tanden handy. I'm sure others here have the information more readily available off-hand, but I remember her being pretty much a centrist who toed the general line, which isn't helpful unless you want the tranquilizing drug of gradualism to keep going. If my take is wrong, I'm happy to be corrected, I just know from what I remember I didn't like her enough to be part of any cabinet in any position. If you have any information that rebuts my weak but general take I'm down.

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I haven't outsourced my opinion, I'm saying that from what I've read about her over the years, that's what I recall as my take. I don't remember her very well off hand other than remembering I didn't like her take on things. I admit, that's a general take, but it's not like I keep a file of Neera Tanden handy. I'm sure others here have the information more readily available off-hand, but I remember her being pretty much a centrist who toed the general line, which isn't helpful unless you want the tranquilizing drug of gradualism to keep going. If my take is wrong, I'm happy to be corrected, I just know from what I remember I didn't like her enough to be part of any cabinet in any position. If you have any information that rebuts my weak but general take I'm down.

You're asking me if my opinion would matter if she wasn't qualified for the job and this is your reasoning?  C'mon man. 

9 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

You're asking me if my opinion would matter if she wasn't qualified for the job and this is your reasoning?  C'mon man. 

6 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

"I bet you'd care more to learn she was completely unqualified! Unqualified because of the impression I got from some things I read I don't remember the details of. Some leftist buzzwords are definitely involved though. Care to comment on that?"

I think you're being unduly harsh. I said I didn't think she was a good person to nominate because I remember her not being a good person, not per se because she was unqualified. If you think differently, okay, that's fine. I'm just explaining why people were happy to see her lose the nomination, not necessarily trying to back it up with why because, as I explained, I don't remember the details back when she was relevant of the things she did that rubbed me (and others) the wrong way. I could go back and research it to remind myself, but I don't care that much about her losing the nomination one way or the other. I can say I don't care about her Twitter attacks, I didn't like her long before that, more along the lines of her ties to Wall Street and Silicon Valley.

Edit: I also now recall she wanted to cut social security, cuts to the ACA, I believe among other things.

I think you're being unduly harsh.

I'm being unduly harsh? Are you even listening to yourself? 

I said I didn't think she was a good person to nominate because I remember her not being a good person

This is an actual, real person we're talking about here. You're treating her like a cartoon. 

1 minute ago, Anathema- said:

I'm being unduly harsh? Are you even listening to yourself? 

This is an actual, real person we're talking about here. You're treating her like a cartoon. Get ahold of yourself. This isn't a fucking game, Christ. 

I'm not sure what you mean. I said I think you're being unduly harsh towards me, for one. And two, how am I treating her like a cartoon? I edited and elaborated on my previous post, if that helps. I only said that I don't recall her being a person I'm a fan of, and that's perfectly fair to say. Instead of attacking me you could explain how I'm wrong in detail, as it seems you are much more familiar with her than I am.

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not sure what you mean. I said I think you're being unduly harsh towards me, for one. And two, how am I treating her like a cartoon? I edited and elaborated on my previous post, if that helps. I only said that I don't recall her being a person I'm a fan of, and that's perfectly fair to say. Instead of attacking me you could explain how I'm wrong in detail, as it seems you are much more familiar with her than I am.

You are the one who broached the subject of her being unqualified, as if it's an obvious opinion to have and I was being disingenuous suggesting otherwise. Your justification for suggesting she's unqualified, and expecting me to agree, is literally hearsay. Be better. 

Like I said I don't know what qualifies someone for the job. I think it's clear at this point that you don't either, and you don't have the first clue what her qualifications are.  Neither do I! But you're there suggesting she isn't qualified. Why? Again, literally hearsay. 

12 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

You are the one who broached the subject of her being unqualified, as if it's an obvious opinion to have and I was being disingenuous suggesting otherwise. Your justification for suggesting she's unqualified, and expecting me to agree, is literally hearsay. Be better. 

Like I said I don't know what qualifies someone for the job. I think it's clear at this point that you don't either, and you don't have the first clue what her qualifications are.  Neither do I! But you're there suggesting she isn't qualified. Why? Again, literally hearsay. 

As I said, she's not qualified for the position, to me, because her general ideology isn't one I'd want in a cabinet position (nothing to do with professional qualifications). I freely admit that the specific qualifications of OBM aren't something I care about particularly when assessing the position since I assume anyone nominated for the position will have the requisite qualifications generally speaking, it's more about what ideology will push their policies into what directions. I wasn't asking a rhetorical question, I was asking genuinely that if she isn't a good person, does it matter if she was a sacrificial lamb? I expected you to give me an explanation one way or the other, but instead you behaved like a jackass. I didn't expect you to agree, I had no idea what to expect since the question was genuinely asked.

I'm not following some "numpties" who opposed her for tribalistic reasons, again, I don't agree with her centrist ideology and therefore don't care if she's professionally qualified for the position, since there are many theoretically professionally qualified people for the position but do not have the right inclinations on an ideological level for me to want them in that position (and there are those who are professionally qualified who, for me, do have the right ideological inclinations). I don't have to prove you wrong because you don't even understand my point since I've now thrice explained why I don't think she's qualified - not professionally, but due to ideology. I'm not sure why you're being such an asshole, but I'll leave it alone now - let's just agree to disagree. 

She's not qualified because of her... general ideology. Riiiight.

What do you think the director of the OMB actually does? 

Like seriously, the buzzwords are making you look worse and worse. She's unqualified to be OMB director because she's "too centrist." Give me a break. 

Again, I don't know anything about her and I don't respond to leftist tribal nonsense. Can you make any argument against her that doesn't involve treating her like a boogeyman? Repeating "centrist" over and over again isn't doing it. 

You are the one who intimated she was unqualified.  Back it up or admit that accusation was based on nothing. Otherwise you're wasting my time.