Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Since 2015, Bernie has been written off as "unelectable" because he didn't have minority support yet they sure as hell don't say the same for Pete or Amy.  They definitely mention their polling with minority support being low but it's not a "campaign-ending"/"unelectable" narrative that they've pushed on Sanders these last few years.

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Right, but the ratio to yes/no is the key component here.

It reads to me like none of the other top candidates in NH are much different from Sanders' voters in this regard. Couple this with more of them in 2016 voting Hillary than 2008 Hillary voters voting McCain, and I feel like this narrative is baseless and just a way to make people hate his supporters and thus him. There's no real difference is what I'm seeing in the numbers.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It reads to me like none of the other top candidates in NH are much different from Sanders' voters in this regard. Couple this with more of them in 2016 voting Hillary than 2008 Hillary voters voting McCain, and I feel like this narrative is baseless and just a way to make people hate his supporters and thus him. There's no real difference is what I'm seeing in the numbers.

I'm just saying those numbers don't prove or disprove anything. Lopez thinks it undercuts that claim, but I think it does nothing for the claim either way.

People will vote for who they want to, we have to stop thinking we can tell people how to vote, this "vote blue no matter who!" shit doesn't work.  "Get out the vote!" campaigns become a joke when there's fine print that states, "...unless you vote against who we want, then it's all your fault they lost!"

30 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, I keep hearing people cite these statistics, so I am going to go ahead and nip it in the bud. Citing the 10% of Bernie supporters that went to Trump isn't telling the whole story. What about Jill Stein? She tripled her 2012 numbers. Anecdotally, I know a Bernie supporter that went for Stein. Gary Johnson also did way better. Plus, we don't know how many Bernie supporters just decided to stay home. A way more likely outcome than voting for Trump.

Not that any of this matters! Just seeing those statistics thrown around lately is really grinding my gears lol.

17 minutes ago, baconbits said:

You can also include 9.2% percent of Obama voters that flipped to support Trump, https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/upshot/the-obama-trump-voters-are-real-heres-what-they-think.html

lesson of the day: Hillary was a shitty candidate. 

I may be on an island here: I think Hillary was a great candidate, but she was hated or disliked by many.

I think there is a distinction in that, although in politics they are often one and the same.

48 minutes ago, Jose said:

Also, I keep hearing people cite these statistics, so I am going to go ahead and nip it in the bud. Citing the 10% of Bernie supporters that went to Trump isn't telling the whole story. What about Jill Stein? She tripled her 2012 numbers. Anecdotally, I know a Bernie supporter that went for Stein. Gary Johnson also did way better. Plus, we don't know how many Bernie supporters just decided to stay home. A way more likely outcome than voting for Trump.

Not that any of this matters! Just seeing those statistics thrown around lately is really grinding my gears lol.

Hey, that ain't telling the whole story either. He numbers tripled -- they were low to begin with. Tiny. How many Republicans voted Johnson? We're just assuming who might have stayed home, but overwhelming claims require overwhelming evidence, the combination of Obama->Trump voters and Hillary->McCain voters both show that there is no extraordinary evidence of his supporters being much different, or how many of them who sat out even typically vote Democratic anyway.

tbh, judging from many things I've seen, I'm more concerned of the "votebluenomatterwho" people who are also never Bernie.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/482607-klobuchar-we-need-to-build-a-big-tent-for-anti-abortion-democrats

Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) on Tuesday said that the Democratic Party should be a "big tent" for people of different beliefs, including those who oppose abortion rights.

Yeah I'm a hard no on that. Being against abortion is fine, but being against abortion rights is not.