The Mariners

thewhyteboar

35 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Trevor Story is a shortstop :p 

I know lol. I’m talking about all the pitchers going down. He is an everyday great player who went down. I still take my chances with that instead of pitchers. Just saying. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Ippei is @Brian if he had a rich guy bankrolling him

Sounds like a proposition to me. Will you be my Ohtani bud?

that's like 25 bets a day. I’m a degenerate but that’s fucking nuts. I would love to see his bets though. I want to see the escalation and how much he chased bets.

Spencer Strider officially out for the season with a UCL bracing procedure. I don’t know how you fix the issue of pitchers throwing harder and at max effort all the time. Only sorts of things I could imagine would be requiring starters to throw a minimum 100 pitches every game. You would necessarily have to pace yourself more, but that seems like something everybody would hate…

If MLB can’t fire him, I’m ok with him calling all the Asterisks games.

He has to be doing this poorly on purpose at this point. Like he knows, he can’t be fired so he is just fucking with MLB. Those three calls were atrocious 

This is where we need that amazing Tap your Helmet and challenge the pitch technology like they had in spring training. Well, just use it instead of Hernandez at least. Had him already for one Jays game and he was his typical laughable calls self. Even my broadcasters started the game mentioning that we can expect an interesting game either way with Him calling the game behind the plate. 

12 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Spencer Strider officially out for the season with a UCL bracing procedure. I don’t know how you fix the issue of pitchers throwing harder and at max effort all the time. Only sorts of things I could imagine would be requiring starters to throw a minimum 100 pitches every game. You would necessarily have to pace yourself more, but that seems like something everybody would hate…

I saw something that mlb wanted to limit pitchers to 12 per roster. Thats a start

38 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I saw something that mlb wanted to limit pitchers to 12 per roster. Thats a start

That would be another good notion. You can't have a structure where teams are incentivized to run these guys 100% max effort every pitch because you only expect them to get 15 or 16 outs. Maybe decrease the number of minor league options so teams can't swap out tired arms so often? I don't know, but they have to do something soon!

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

That would be another good notion. You can't have a structure where teams are incentivized to run these guys 100% max effort every pitch because you only expect them to get 15 or 16 outs. Maybe decrease the number of minor league options so teams can't swap out tired arms so often? I don't know, but they have to do something soon!

The fact that only 5 pitchers last year reached 200 innings is embarrassing 

52 minutes ago, Brian said:
WWW.ESPN.COM

John Sterling, the radio voice of the New York Yankees who has called 420 regular-season games, has retired, effective immediately, the club announced Monday in a statement...

Can’t say I will miss him

Effective immediately? Strange he didn’t wait until the end of the season. That dude has seen a lot of cool shit. 

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Lololol I have seen a ton of videos about Angel Hernandez recently. Glad we all recognize his awfulness. 

Imagine him still behind the plate but now with a challenge system in play. Another player on the IL with a bruised hand. Yeah Jim, it was another Hernandez game last night folks, and his helmet was tapping all night long

WWW.ESPN.COM

The Giants scratched Blake Snell from his scheduled start Wednesday and placed the two-time Cy Young Award winner on the 15-day IL with a left adductor strain.

Bad start to a season. Now injured. Montgomery left Boras. Wonder if Boras will change his strategy.