PC Gaming Show is a "go" for this Saturday June 13 @ 1100 Pacific/1400 Eastern

Let's see what other EGS exclusives Epic has acquired!

The PC Gaming Show will return this Saturday, June 13 at 11 AM Pacific, with the biggest lineup in its six-year history. More than two dozen participants will take part in reveals, trailers, and interviews that will include a chat with Rocketwerkz founder Dean Hall about what's coming next from the studio, a first look at Surgeon Simulator 2, a Torchlight 3 surprise, and (this is one I'm personally looking forward to) a brand-new trailer from Dusk and Amid Evil publisher New Blood Interactive.

PC gaming show was actually one of the better conferences last E3.  Because they showed gameplay demonstrations, not just announcements and cinematic trailers.  Might be more of a sign how far E3 had fallen.

Looking forward to some updates on indies and such.  When's Tunic?

You keep holding on for fake ass CG reveal trailers and "expected representation based on artist's interpretation" gameplay, but I'm much more excited about Atlus possibly not being able to keep their shit off PC from now on since I have no doubt they will see a massive surge in sales they won't be able to ignore. The implications are much more exciting than any single announcement!

10 hours ago, Bacon said:

I mean, it would be cool if Atlus games came to PC from now on, but for now I don't care cuz I ain't double dipping. 

Eh, they'll do their ports to begin with.  The far bigger deal would be dedicating themselves to PC with future titles.

It's important because Atlus is the last of the major Japanese hold outs.  They're the only notable 3rd party outfit producing genuine platform exclusives without being paid out (presumably).  Once they cross over, there's no reason to buy a console for access to Japanese games, outside of those published by Nintendo or Sony. Excepting the occasional timed exclusive deal / late port.  It's a crazy reversal from Japan not giving a shit not so long ago.

It's also a big deal for preservation.  I don't fully trust Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft to make obscure Japanese games backwards compatible.  On PC, at least modders have more of a shot, and can make further improvements when practical.  Or simply the option to push resolution and framerate further than consoles.  DQXI and FFXV at 60fps are great examples... that could easily continue to be a thing with DLSS.

That's why I think it'd be exciting, I think they'd sell a massive amount of copies of any games they put out, so long as people have heard of them; and that would instantly lead to them realizing they're leaving a lot of money on the table for literally nothing in return, unless there's been some secret deal all along with Sony, and I don't think there has been.

It might've already happened with Catherine; I was wondering if their release of original Catherine was a sort of test bed to see how their games would do on PC. I imagine it did quite well (though probably not as well as a "proper" Atlus game), and now we may start seeing the results of that.

And yes, preservation is a big one, too. Persona 4 Golden is exclusive to the fucking Vita right now. The VITA.