Sam Raimi Confirms He's Directing Dr. Strange 2...

It was rumored before but this is the first time he's confirmed it.

“I loved Doctor Strange as a kid, but he was always after Spider-Man and Batman for me, he was probably at number five for me of great comic book characters,” Raimi described. “He was so original, but when we had that moment in Spider-Man 2 I had no idea that we would ever be making a Doctor Strange movie, so it was really funny to me that coincidentally that line was in the movie. I gotta say I wish we had the foresight to know that I was going to be involved in the project.”

35 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Sam Raimi's often too campy for me but we'll see (or, often, the tones of his films whiplash to much all over the place for my liking, he doesn't combine them well to me), he's got the chops at least in a technical sense.

I'm not thrilled about this but given how much Disney and Marvel has their hands in all their projects, I'm cautiously optimistic. Overall, I enjoyed SM2 so I'll try to be excited.

7 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Is this still going to be sort of horror? I can get behind this if it's sort of horror.

With Raimi, most definitely. Probably why they went with him because he knows comedic horror, and superheroes, and they want a fun horror superhero movie.