First Details of Christopher Nolan's TENƎT

SaysWho?

https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/18/tenet-christopher-nolan-robert-pattinson-john-david-washington-first-look/

“We’re jumping off from the point of view of an espionage film, but we’re going to a number of different places,” explains the director of the blockbusters Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk, and the Christian Bale-starring Batman trilogy. “We’re crossing a few different genres in a hopefully exciting and fresh way. [Producer] Emma [Thomas] and I have put together a lot of large-scale productions, but this is certainly the biggest in terms of international reach. We shot in seven countries, all over the place, with a massive cast and huge set pieces. There’s no question, it’s the most ambitious film we’ve made.”

A trailer will drop today.

EMJNKlpUwAAMHoG.jpg

EMJNKlpUYAAu9eB.jpg

EMJNKmQU8AA4Amz.jpg

tenant-1.jpg

40 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I'm sure, like most Nolan movies, I will enjoy this (a fair few times). I also wonder if he should be given a crack at a Bond movie.

I do believe he declined to direct Bond 25. And really, why wouldn't he? With his track record, studios will happily hand him a blank check and full creative license on almost any film he wants to make. No reason to get bogged down with everything the Bond franchise entails.

Just now, gamer.tv said:

I think there's something about directing or being part of the Bond franchise, more importantly when you make a great one, that adds to a legacy. Although I can see that it would definitely run the risk of detracting from it.

How many Bond directors can you name?

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

I think there's something about directing or being part of the Bond franchise, more importantly when you make a great one, that adds to a legacy. Although I can see that it would definitely run the risk of detracting from it.

I don't think there's anything that special about Bond, from a legacy point of view.

I do think you could make the argument that there's something of a legacy to be had by creating a blockbuster that is also well loved by critics and audiences alike. There's a relatively small club of people that made some of the biggest movies of all time that are also revered as great films. People like Lucas, Spielberg, and Cameron. I'd say Nolan is right on up there, if not in that group then trailing right behind. He's done his franchise time, made (at the time) the second biggest movie of all time that also got best picture buzz, and has gone on to make critically and commercially successful films without existing IP.