Tom Welling To Reprise ‘Smallville’ Clark Kent Role In Arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover On the CW

Jason

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’m am irrationally excited about that, especially after the Smallville reference from last year’s crossover.

I was super bummed the music didn't lead to Barry and Oliver briefly popping in on Tom Welling, commenting that it's the wrong Earth, and then going to Earth-38. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Can it redeem the fucking piss off that was the series finale of Smallville? I felt so cheated by that. 

Well, we might actually see him as fucking Superman and not some CGI mess we got. I want to see him in a super suit damnit. Don’t disappoint us again WB

I saw him and Rosenbaum together in Toronto at FanExpo back in August. They both looked like they could easily sit back into their roles with no problems. 

EDIT NOTE:

Oh just thought of something, and yes I’m a little high now. Anyone else hoping that they can somehow integrate the Justice League Unlimited animated characters into this like Roger Rabbit? Thinking it would cool because Rosenbaum can play Lex and The Flash in the same show. Already know Kevin Conroy will be playing some live version of Bruce Wayne, along with Burt Ward playing Robin in a close but updated (thank god) 60’s era Robin costume (Kevin Smith confirmed so on a recent Hollywood Babble-On episode)

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

lol 

I think more people are excited for the cameos than any of the cast for the current running shows. 

People are more excited about potential cameos than characters they know for certain are appearing? Shocker!

55 minutes ago, silentbob said:

She also took over a few years ago playing Kara’s biological mother as well. I wonder if she would pull duel duties on that. I assume Dean Cain and Kelly Slater (who play Kara’s her earth parents) will play their superhero roles again too

I believe Helen Slater plays her earth mother.

DiqmORUUwAIO6hC.jpg

The only Kelly Slater i could find was this surfer guy.

Kelly_Slater_2017.jpg

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

She also took over a few years ago playing Kara’s biological mother as well. I wonder if she would pull duel duties on that. I assume Dean Cain and Kelly Slater (who play Kara’s her earth parents) will play their superhero roles again too

Dean Cain was on Supergirl as Kara's Earth dad and left (got pushed out?) before the character's story was done, IIRC because he was a huge asshole. He's apparently a big MAGA chud now and does the conservative propaganda circuit whining about how Hollywood will oppress you for being conservative. So I doubt he's coming back for this. 

The Rosenbaum pass is really lame... His reasons were the exact same reasons why Shatner passed on being in JJ's Star Trek movie, and look at what happened. The movie didn't get a cool cameo appearance by a legend of the franchise, and Shatner missed out on being able to upstage the new guys.

It's like no one thinks ten years ahead when these movies and tv shows won't matter anymore. Rosenbaum could have made a memorable appearance that people would want to watch again in the future, cuz when I think of funny cameos, I think of Charlton Heston in Wayne's World 2, Bill Murray in Zombieland, Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore, the ridiculous Austin Powers 2 Hollywood remake at the beginning of Austin Powers 3 with Cruise, Paltrow, Devito, Spacey, Travolta, Spielberg, lol. No one cares about these movies anymore, but everyone to this day still enjoys those moments...

On 9/21/2019 at 1:00 AM, Jason said:

Dean Cain was on Supergirl as Kara's Earth dad and left (got pushed out?) before the character's story was done, IIRC because he was a huge asshole. He's apparently a big MAGA chud now and does the conservative propaganda circuit whining about how Hollywood will oppress you for being conservative. So I doubt he's coming back for this. 

He's also in the Kirk Cameron and Kevin Sorbo club of "used to be a real actor, but now makes crappy Christian movies" from what I hear.

5 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

The Rosenbaum pass is really lame... His reasons were the exact same reasons why Shatner passed on being in JJ's Star Trek movie, and look at what happened. The movie didn't get a cool cameo appearance by a legend of the franchise, and Shatner missed out on being able to upstage the new guys.

It's like no one thinks ten years ahead when these movies and tv shows won't matter anymore. Rosenbaum could have made a memorable appearance that people would want to watch again in the future, cuz when I think of funny cameos, I think of Charlton Heston in Wayne's World 2, Bill Murray in Zombieland, Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore, the ridiculous Austin Powers 2 Hollywood remake at the beginning of Austin Powers 3 with Cruise, Paltrow, Devito, Spacey, Travolta, Spielberg, lol. No one cares about these movies anymore, but everyone to this day still enjoys those moments...

Did they try to get Shatner to respond immediately after the offer was made? Because they offered Rosenbaum no script and basically no money and, worst of all, they wanted him to respond immediately. Why should he say yes to that? He came back for the Smallville finale for the sake of the fans so I feel like the network must have really screwed the pooch on this for him to say no.

AFAIK he's previously said he wouldn't do any Arrowverse cameos without Welling also being invovled, so based on the timing of when we found out Welling is involved and Rosenbaum passing, I kind of suspect what happened here is that they didn't bother to reach out to Rosenbaum at all until they confirmed Welling.