Star Trek: Picard - update: renewed for second season

They actually managed to wrap this up better than I was expecting, though I guess we'll see how it holds up on rewatch. 

Also between making it Uber blatant with showing us the golem in the previous episode and the show being named Picard I was just outright fucking bored by everything starting with his death until the scene with Data. It was hard to find any of it remotely interesting given it was so obvious he was about to come back. If the show hadn't been named what it is then maybe I would have bought into it a bit despite the golem reveal. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

They actually managed to wrap this up better than I was expecting, though I guess we'll see how it holds up on rewatch. 

Also between making it Uber blatant with showing us the golem in the previous episode and the show being named Picard I was just outright fucking bored by everything starting with his death until the scene with Data. It was hard to find any of it remotely interesting given it was so obvious he was about to come back. If the show hadn't been named what it is then maybe I would have bought into it a bit despite the golem reveal. 

they kind of wrote themselves into a corner on that one, if they didn't show the golem in episode 9 it would have been a total wtf where did that come from when they brought him back

1 hour ago, dualhunter said:

I'm disappointed they didn't make any comment about his heart.

Picard mentioned something about his artificial heart in an earlier episode and in the last one the said something along the lines of "everything works as it should" so it seems like he has a biological albeit synthetic heart

10 hours ago, Jason said:

I enjoyed the series but I'm with you on this part as well. They needed to give some inkling of the golem but when they introduced it, it was blatantly obvious what it was going to be used for. So when his death happen it was far to obvious and the time wasted with people being sad felt dull and flat. Really as cliche as this would have been, they should have just cut straight from his death to the scene with data (which was fantastic). 

Hopefully they can fix the pacing issues in season 2 that season 1 suffered from constantly. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I enjoyed it! Not really sure where it goes from there, but I see that they have potentially given themselves the option of connection the events of Discovery's plot with Picard's plot. 

I think I'm going with the idea that it's just an unfortunate art decision that the reaper looked like Control.