Final Fantasy XIV Online OT - The Lodestone (Update: Expanded Free Trial)

Remarkableriots

https://fanfest2.finalfantasyxiv.com/2018-19/na

Fan Festival Las Vegas 2018 stage events

Friday Nov. 16th

9 a.m.

doors open

10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Naoki Yoshida Keynote Address

11:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. 

Welcome Ceremony

12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.

Development Panel featuring Tsuyoshi Yokozawa

2:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.

Between two Ferns

4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.

Costume Contest

7 p. m. - 8:30 p.m.

Piano Concert performed by Keiko featuring Susan Calloway

Saturday Nov. 17th

10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

The Feast Regional Championship North American Finals

2 p.m. - 3 p.m.

We Will Positively Look into it!

3:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Live Letter part XLVII patch 4.5 news!

7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

The Primals live in concert

closing ceremony

45 minutes ago, Nokt said:

This is an MMO that I actually want to try, I'm just over subscriptions. Not that I'm in favor of F2P with Microtransactions, but I don't know any other route in which I wouldn't have to pay.

https://freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com/na/?utm_source=pr2&utm_medium=top_topbtn&utm_campaign=na-freetrial

47 minutes ago, Nokt said:

This is an MMO that I actually want to try, I'm just over subscriptions. Not that I'm in favor of F2P with Microtransactions, but I don't know any other route in which I wouldn't have to pay.

It was one of the first games I got for PS4, and I really liked it. But I'm poor and had to cancel my subscription. Now it's just been sitting on my system for like, five years waiting for it to be either F2P or until I can actually afford to pay a sub for something I'll only play a few hours a week.

*looks for skeleton meme*

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

FF XIV will probably never be F2P orB2P.

I expected as much, I wouldn't expect it to give up its subscription service unless it was dying. Its still like the 2nd or third most played MMO though isn't it?

6 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It was one of the first games I got for PS4, and I really liked it. But I'm poor and had to cancel my subscription. Now it's just been sitting on my system for like, five years waiting for it to be either F2P or until I can actually afford to pay a sub for something I'll only play a few hours a week. 

*looks for skeleton meme*

I just noticed that its trail is up to level 35 without any time restriction, so if you haven't hit that you could still play.

2 hours ago, Nokt said:

I expected as much, I wouldn't expect it to give up its subscription service unless it was dying. Its still like the 2nd or third most played MMO though isn't it?

I just noticed that its trail is up to level 35 without any time restriction, so if you haven't hit that you could still play.

Even FF XI which I played for a very long time still has a subscription service.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Shadowbringers expansion

Two new areas shown The RAK'TIKA GREATWOOD and IL MHEG home of the Pixies

New Beast tribe Pixies

Proficient in the Arcane Arts

Tricksters

Language FAE

Primal Titania

Raised level cap to 80

9 new dungeons at launch

Warrior of Darkness MSQ

Battle system maintenance Removed TP (more revealed in May Live letter)

Restoration of the Holy See of Isgard end game contend for hand and land including story content

Trust battle assist system party

New high end raid series

Alliance Raid 

YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse

Guest content Creators

Yoko Taro

Yosuke Saito

New race The Viera 

World visit

New Game+ replay story but keep current progress.

• 1 month later...

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/b6b35002047641280bb8e648fecb9f54f4623d5c

Keynote

Friday, March 22, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (PDT)

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part L 
Saturday, March 23, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (PDT)

https://m.twitch.tv/squareenix/profile?desktop-redirect=offline_channel

• 2 months later...

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/32b20a7265b59f731226747ee585c3ee48b8237b

The FINAL FANTASY XIV Online team returns once more to Los Angeles, California for the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2019! Attendees will have a chance to go hands-on with Shadowbringers, including the two new jobs, as they battle against Titania, ruler of the pixies! Square Enix will also be hosting a special broadcast before E3 kicks off, and Yoshida will present the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE after E3 concludes. There’s a lot of excitement packed into this week, so you won’t want to miss it!

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/e3-2019?utm_source=twitter_squareenix&utm_campaign=sele319_photo__SQEXSOCIAL&utm_content=1556044632123

• 11 months later...

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/final-fantasy-xiv-online-starter-edition-for-ps4-free-until-may-26

Final Fantasy XIV Online Starter Edition for PlayStation 4 is free via the PlayStation Store until May 26, Square Enix announced. It is normally priced at $19.99 / 2,420 yen.

While Final Fantasy XIV Online requires a monthly subscription fee, Final Fantasy XIV Online Starter Edition includes a 30-day free trial.

Final Fantasy XIV Online Starter Edition features the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn base game, but does not include the Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers expansions.

The deal is currently live in the following territories:

Australia
France
Germany
Italy
Japan
New Zealand
Spain
United Kingdom
etc.

The deal is not yet live in North America (it officially begins on May 22).

The Expanded Free Trial includes hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, allows players to enjoy unlimited playtime up through level 60 and also includes access to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online: Heavensward.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

I just started playing this again. One day I'll make it past the ARR content. I bought the HW and SB expansions but never made it past level 50. Last time i checked I had like 80 fucking ARR quests until HW. 

I just have 5 levels left on my Blue Mage and I'll be level capped for all the jobs.

• 11 months later...