Monster Hunter World (PC) OT - (Update: 21:9 support added)

Pikachu

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

OK phew. I read the system requirements wrong then. 

Yeah, that's just the frame rate you can expect with that exact system on those settings.

In case anyone has any doubts:

db04eef95ba4e2386c0b34180ccc6c8b.jpg?v=2

I hope that you can change it from 60 to whatever arbitrary Hz your monitor supports as well as unlimited, like with other Capcom titles. It's just easiest all around when you support arbitrary frame rates and resolutions. Then you don't have to do any weird updates or reissues at later dates, because the game can already deal with better hardware.

Anyway, graphical parity in this case probably means "it'll have the same assets" not "it'll look identical." The frame rate difference alone with be absolutely monumental because this game runs like shit on consoles. Higher resolution without checkerboarding will also make a huge difference. I expect their answer was one that assumed people were asking for like new physics or lighting or something.

1 minute ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

It  will still be a muddled mess graphically. Hard pass. 

I haven't played in months, wasn't most of the muddling down to the resolution and frame rate issues? I don't remember the actual visuals of the game being bad at all, just hampered by bad hardware.

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I haven't played in months, wasn't most of the muddling down to the resolution and frame rate issues? I don't remember the actual visuals of the game being bad at all, just hampered by bad hardware.

It was due to resolution but I thought graphically it wasn’t anything to write home about. 

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I can say that at least on Xbox One X, on the high resolution setting, it had an over saturated looked that didn't do its AA technique any favors! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Why is volume rendering so bad? 

on

9C4E20B582667D2681BFBEDFD7ECBB976777A3C5

off

E6517AD5030AC4320F3D1AC5E428A8A6AF3191C9

So washed out. I read that there are cool atmospheric effects tied to this so I have it on, but my god it is so damn washed out. Also, I have never seen AA option be this bad before. The fuck yo. 

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Yes a line of Samsung monitors. The current model is the Odessey G9. I have the model before that one. It's resolution is 5120 x 1440.

I want an ultra wide monitor, and I would love TVs to start getting 21:9 models, but 32:9 seems too wide.