Has anyone used/uses or heard of CBD oil?

Triage

So I've done some research and found a supplier that sells organic and natural CBD oil that supposedly has the benefits of cannabinoids without the mind altering effects of THC. This one is organic hemp plant is cultivated in Colorado. 

Supposed to help with many things but I got it for my spine issues and anxiety. It's expensive so I'm curious if anyone knows much about it or used it. It smells like weed that's for sure! 

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

I've found CBD helps with my anxiety; I'd recommend Sunday Scaries gummies as they are reasonably affordable compared to other brands and don't taste/smell like weed. It has not helped with my pain though.

Good to hear that it helps with anxiety that's what I was told too. I do hope it helps with the pain but I also heard that the cheaper brands and the gummies even though good not as good as what I got?And the one I have you cannot get through Amazon or local shop. I'm so tired of meds I hope it works but $75 a month is steep. And what you get on Amazon and local shops is more affordable and like you said doesn't smell taste like weed. 

9 minutes ago, Triage said:

Good to hear that it helps with anxiety that's what I was told too. I do hope it helps with the pain but I also heard that the cheaper brands and the gummies even though good not as good as what I got?And the one I have you cannot get through Amazon or local shop. I'm so tired of meds I hope it works but $75 a month is steep. And what you get on Amazon and local shops is more affordable and like you said doesn't smell taste like weed. 

Having used both CBD products and medical marijuana, I would temper your expectations. In my experience the pain relief from marijuana is predominantly from THC; it works exactly like other pain killers in that you still feel the pain, it just isn't distressing (since you are high you literally just don't care about it). The dispensary sells compound creams, but I haven't bothered with them.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Having used both CBD products and medical marijuana, I would temper your expectations. In my experience the pain relief from marijuana is predominantly from THC; it works exactly like other pain killers in that you still feel the pain, it just isn't distressing (since you are high you literally just don't care about it). The dispensary sells compound creams, but I haven't bothered with them.

Good to know.. I heard you can rub in the CBD oil too but for that price I wouldn't do it 

7 hours ago, Chris- said:

I did my first grow and finished harvesting it back in December. I’m a newb to growing but I did 6 High THC strains and a CBD strain that was a 2:1 ratio. About 6 weeks ago I had wrist surgery (bone groove deepening, tendon and ligament repair)and was prescribed Percocets and they didn’t do much for me, but my weed helped. My CBD strain (Sensi Star) I found wasn’t bad at helping the pain situation but it wasn’t the miracle drug I was hoping for. I find my high THC strains work better in that category, but it makes you kind of dizzy. I was in a cast for 6 weeks after my surgery, and just had it removed 5 days ago. So I’m stiff and still in a lot of pain but a few tokes on my vaporizer, well I find my joints easing a bit, slight more rotation in my wrist before the pain stops me from pushing it any further. I wish you best of luck but with your CBD venture. With so many strains out there, some seem to work better on one person and not so well with others.

oh and a pic I took 2 weeks after my first cast came off from surgery

8Pmy88L.jpg

5 hours ago, kittykat said:

This is key. Everyone has their own unique endocannabinoid system, and every strain has it’s own unique profile and terpenes combination. The same strain from the same harvest can affect two people very differently.

You just gotta smoke em all and see how it makes you feel and what you like the best! That’s what I do anyway. Even then, a strain can vary from harvest to harvest even when made by the same company in the same conditions. I found one of my favorite strains EVER in the summer and couldn’t wait for my licensed producer to re-stock. They grew a new batch and I bought it last month. I have maybe smoked 2 grams of it and stopped. The effects are meh for me now. 

Oh p.s. that wound needs a NSFL spoiler warning lol. 

I’m like you and have at least 50 strains I have tried over the year since I started, and like 30+ in various containers in my bedroom with mostly a few grams of each. My mom and I seem to have the same reaction to each strain, and opposite for my cousin and sister. The one thing that sucks for my mom and I is that we can’t smoke one strain more than 3 days in a row before the benefits of that strain wear off for nighttime relief. So we have to have a few strains on hand/going at the same time to replace the other. (Black Domina, Purple Bud, Purple Urkle, Gelato and Death Star being my current go took) Friends I work with can smoke the same thing everyday and get the same relief/effect without ever changing it up. Just about done my first week of flowering my next grow and hope I find another few strains that will bring me relief I’m looking for. Depending on how well the grow goes, we might try making some rubs/capsules to try out (2nd grow is Black Sugar, Cinderella 99, Gelat.OG, Fruity Pebbles, Peyote Critical, Gorilla Zkittlez, and Black Domina again cause the family likes it)