Happy 10-year anniversary, Christian Bale's rant!

SaysWho?

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm blanking on who DOP is. Those aren't the initials of the dude who was yelled at, I think?

His title, Director of Photography. People on the set among others all thought Bale was in the right here, actually.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jose said:

His title, Director of Photography. People on the set among others all thought Bale was in the right here, actually.

Yup. I don't know of any DOP who would think that adjusting something while the scene is being acted out is appropriate, rather than waiting for a cut, making the adjustment, and doing another take.

3 hours ago, Jose said:

In the right meaning that he was right to be annoyed or do they also agree that a five minute temper tantrum was the appropriate response to the situation?

1 minute ago, sexy_shapiro said:

In the right meaning that he was right to be annoyed or meaning a five minute temper tantrum was the appropriate response to the situation?

Apparently it was filmed during a super emotional scene and Bale was semi in character during the tirade. Plus, Hurlbut had a reputation of doing this bullshit in other films and Bale had already complained about it during the filming of this movie. Obviously he went a little too nuts, but the context explains why no one that was on the set thought it was as ridiculous as we did initially.

23 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I quote “Oh, good for you!” in that cadence all the time. Nobody seems to know the reference. 

My cousin, one of our friends, and myself very regularly message each other that specific sound bite. Multiple times a week.