Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen to testify publicly before Congress in February

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/ex-trump-lawyer-michael-cohen-testify-publicly-congress-february-n957321

Michael Cohen, former lawyer to President Donald Trump, has agreed to testify publicly before Congress early next month before he goes to prison.

Cohen said in a statement on Thursday that he agreed to appear before the House Oversight Committee on Feb. 7 "in furtherance of my commitment to cooperate and provide the American people with answers."

"I look forward to having the privilege of being afforded a platform with which to give a full and credible account of the events which have transpired," he added.

I wonder if this adds to the credibility of the rumblings that some type of conclusion for Mueller is coming in February or March.

A hearing like this has the potential to step on some toes, so it might indicate Mueller is not to concerned about what Cohen might say publicly because he is wrapping things up.

25 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Are we back to believing Cohen? So hard to keep track. 

GOP talking heads and politicians will claim that Cohen is a convicted liar (which is true) so whatever testimony he gives early next month is a lie as well.  BUT if his Feb 2019 testimony is a lie, doesn't that mean that his 2017 testimonies are factual?