Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (3DS) - Available Now!

Pikachu

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It certainly doesn't make sense to port this to the switch.

I can somewhat get Nintendo's logic here. They don't want to step on the toes of Yoshi's Crafted World. Both games are platformers with cute protagonists, and the art direction is similar as well. Releasing both games near each other may have resulted in cannibalization of sales.

2 hours ago, Pikachu said:

I can somewhat get Nintendo's logic here. Both games are platformers with cute protagonists, and the art direction is similar as well. Releasing both games near each other may have resulted in cannibalization of sales.

You’re referring to Yoshi’s Crafted World

3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Two-player co-op better still be in this. 

When porting a console Kirby game to the 3DS, it honestly would have made more sense to port over Kirby and the Rainbow Curse instead, IMO. 

Yeah, but a Wii U to 3DS port would have been a lot more work than a Wii to 3DS port. These ports to keep the 3DS alive are really cheap ones.

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, but a Wii U to 3DS port would have been a lot more work than a Wii to 3DS port. These ports to keep the 3DS alive are really cheap ones.

I wonder about that. Is it really more expensive for Nintendo? I mean, they ported over Captain Toad to 3DS last year, and that was a Wii U game...?

Just now, GameDadGrant said:

I wonder about that. Is it really more expensive for Nintendo? I mean, they ported over Captain Toad to 3DS last year, and that was a Wii U game...?

In Rainbow curse's case, you'd have to reformat the game away from the Wii U's widescreen aspect ratio or do some weird mouse control for touch screen versus the wide top screen. It just seems like a lot of work on a console Nintendo is trying to keep alive with ports. Captain Toad is an amazing port, I'll give you that. I didn't even think it was possible for it to end up looking so good on a 3DS.

42 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

In Rainbow curse's case, you'd have to reformat the game away from the Wii U's widescreen aspect ratio or do some weird mouse control for touch screen versus the wide top screen. It just seems like a lot of work on a console Nintendo is trying to keep alive with ports. Captain Toad is an amazing port, I'll give you that. I didn't even think it was possible for it to end up looking so good on a 3DS.

I’ll be honest I never played Rainbow Curse so I’m not sure how it would play. But I know Canvas Curse worked well on the OG DS, so I thought it wouldn’t be too difficult. Maybe I’m wrong, I dunno. 

• 1 month later...

One ticked-off sorcerer just banished Kirby, warping the poor puffball to a yarn world in need of saving. The twist? Having a yarn body is epic! Kirby can transform into knitted versions of vehicles like tanks and flying saucers. Plus, his new ravel abilities mimic his classic copy abilities, adding something new to every stage of this action-adventure game. The Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn game is available now!

Learn more about Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn! https://goo.gl/5LB8pw