Anyone else get their NES Switch controllers?

EternallDarkness

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

cheap? not in the least. Rock solid, heavier than the original controllers were naturally since they are wireless and whatnot. Definitely evokes nostalgia. 

I'd say they are actually pretty close in terms of weight at least by feel anyways.

I'm not as big of a fan of the D-pad on the NES-mini or the switch controllers (they feel really similar). It feels like it doesn't depress as much and just don't give off the same kind of feedback of the original.

Still really good controllers, I enjoyed using them on Sonic when I played for a little bit.

13 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The wavebirds were wireless and not heavy because of it.

Wavebirds don't have a motor for force feedback like wired GameCube controllers and the removal of the motor gives a net reduction in weight despite the addition of batteries. The NES controller didn't have a motor so adding a battery makes it heavier. The weight of the wireless receiver should be negligible but since it's Nintendo they may have done something silly like make it unnecessarily heavy. I think a friend had one of those infrared wireless NES controllers back in the day and I may have tried it.

11 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

Wavebirds don't have a motor for force feedback like wired GameCube controllers and the removal of the motor gives a net reduction in weight despite the addition of batteries. The NES controller didn't have a motor so adding a battery makes it heavier. The weight of the wireless receiver should be negligible but since it's Nintendo they may have done something silly like make it unnecessarily heavy. I think a friend had one of those infrared wireless NES controllers back in the day and I may have tried it.

It sounds like he's saying it's dense not heavy. He should be able to articulate this better since he is a NY Times best selling writer. :talkhand: