Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

I got a MW that’s special perk is hover grants me 0% bonus damage. 

That’s useful. I’m only equipping it right now because it is by far more armor and shields than an epic. 

I was was having a rough day with drops. Was only getting the guaranteed MW for legendary contracts, and I got a couple duplicates with worse rolls than what I had. Then I did quick play and dropped into a legendary contract, got 4 total MW items. 

Overall legendary contracts are not hard, unless they have that Scar tank boss at the end. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I got a MW that’s special perk is hover grants me 0% bonus damage. 

That’s useful. I’m only equipping it right now because it is by far more armor and shields than an epic. 

I was was having a rough day with drops. Was only getting the guaranteed MW for legendary contracts, and I got a couple duplicates with worse rolls than what I had. Then I did quick play and dropped into a legendary contract, got 4 total MW items. 

Overall legendary contracts are not hard, unless they have that Scar tank boss at the end. 

They put that to 0% because it was stacking or something causing ridiculous numbers.  I think the upcoming patch is fixing that.

Since I started running really really high Luck%, Ive gotten shit for drops.  I almost wonder if some stats are broken too.  I read somewhere that -Overheat delay actually works incorrectly and causes you to stay overheated longer.  I almost wonder if you hit a certain threshold of luck you actually lose all the bonus or something.  Or if maybe your Gear Score also affects drops cause when I was running a Masterwork Class Javelin I felt I was getting far better drops than my current 450 Luck build.

I know in these types of games you're gonna get hot some days and have crap some days, but damn running Strongholds with like +250% Luck like 3/4 times and coming away with just the 1 Masterwork, or 2 tops, is tough, especially when you're basically just hunting Legendary's.  

I said before, at least make it so the 4 Boss Item Drops all have a chance to be Masterwork or above.  Make 1 Guaranteed with the other 3 possibly Masterworks - Legendary, like the Chests.  No reason it needs to be hard coded to be 3 Purple 1 MW.

Since needing MW it has forced me to try different builds out for my Storm because I Have not just gotten the two skills I used most as MW. If anything it feels like the game is actively trying NOT to. Lol. 

I stil have not gotten a MW for the LB. All are primers too. 

my first legendary contract today did have a legendary drop though. :dancing:Though it is just a legendary version of the only MW wrapping I have gotten yet. 

Im not feeling very balanced. lol

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Not as components. For weapons sure. But for all my components you can only have one of any given type equiped. At least for a Storm. 

Yeah I know thats how it's been, but if you have a MW that gives you +25% Weapon Damage, I'm pretty sure you can also equip an Epic that says the same +25% Weapon Damage.  You just can't have 2 MW saying +25% Weapon Damage.  Probably cause they are different "names" you can, doubt they'd let you with Legendary and MW cause they are technically the same item.

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Also @JPDunks4 and @skillzdadirecta you guys need to pick it up. I have an top alliance contributor at lvl 3 and neither of you are even on my top 5 list. 

lol I actually think that top contributor list is broken. You two have never been on it. 

Lol that doesn't even make sense :lol:

I'm playing with my Ranger right now... so different from playing with the Interceptor. Lack of Mobility is really messing me up :lol:

I'm starting to hit burn out with this game. I love the art, the music, the game play, but while I can rake in the MW items, I have only pulled one legendary and its an absolute piece of waste. You can't run 30 strongholds, failing to get a single legendary, and still feel excited to take another swing at it. I'm looking forward to this world expanding, but I think I need to shelve this title until at least the patch if not the next content update. Something is just not quite right with the effort to pay out ratio. 

25 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I'm starting to hit burn out with this game. I love the art, the music, the game play, but while I can rake in the MW items, I have only pulled one legendary and its an absolute piece of waste. You can't run 30 strongholds, failing to get a single legendary, and still feel excited to take another swing at it. I'm looking forward to this world expanding, but I think I need to shelve this title until at least the patch if not the next content update. Something is just not quite right with the effort to pay out ratio. 

I agree. they need to buff the legendary drops immediately if they want the player base to stick around. this is exactly how vanilla D3 was and people jumped shipped en masse. 

They did their livestream today, some takeaways:

- They think they've fixed most if not all of the issues causing crashes. (As far as they're aware, in every instance where the PS4 was powering down, it was able to be powered back up, specifically state that it's "very safe" to play PS4, but understand that it shouldn't be happening to begin with.)

- Same with audio cutting out.

- Same with joining bugged matches.

- You can prime Titans now, as well as dealing more damage in general.

- Freeplay should be fixed. (No more open cortex message.)

- They're working on a stat page.

- They're improving inscriptions more so they're more relevant.

- They're waiting for this patch to drop before more loot changes (there are still the changes they already stated coming), state they're very open to more and prefer a change -> watch -> change -> watch stance rather than making big swing after big swing.

- You won't start with a "full" ult bar anymore when it's really empty, thus no more "Why won't my ult activate?" moments.

- "Heavy hits" on the Colossus like flying into a wall, landing hard, overheating, etc no longer cause a big delay where you can't move, making them much more agile.

- Melee and ults will now receive much bigger power bonuses from gear (and as a result gear score is going up in the patch, a 45 now will be like a 62 or something post-patch) so that they stay relevant. No more using your ult for health recovery/revives unless you choose to do so. Should be great for interceptors in particular, I think.

- The level 1 weapon thing is of course a bug and is being fixed, enjoy it while it's there.

- Masterwork weapons will now deal more base damage, making them much more usable in harder content.

- Most respawn restricted areas have been removed as a short-term fix to the "no one is reviving me" issue, long-term solutions coming soon. There are different respawn timer lengths depending on the type of content you're doing, like 30 seconds for one thing and 15 for another, for example. There is still some content where respawns are restricted.

- Server shutdown messages shouldn't be anywhere near as obnoxious.

- Ranger ultimate no longer blocked by Wind Wall.

- Wind Wall/other shield abilities have duration lowered, but block far more damage.

- Ranger grenade cooldown stat now properly reduces cooldown time.

- Tons of stability and bug fixes.

- Mouse button 4 on PC no longer bound to back.

Patch scheduled for the 12th.

But they also stated no "New Content" with this patch, which was expected, but went on to say thats planned for end of March, but wouldn't commit to it either....

Stuff like Legendary Missions which are just the story missions with harder encounters...and the cosmetic chests.

When Division 2 hits it'll be perfect to take a break from this until the new content starts to hit.  Prob get on run the daily stuff.

So I started running my Interceptor again, and first World Event, Legendary.  Im running it with like 100ish Luck, 290 gear score.  I think I had most my Legendary's drop for my Interceptor.  

Got a Legendary then 3 MW in total for the 4 World Events I did.

So my guess is running around 100 Luck with higher Gear Score helps.  I also have +40 Drop Rate on this class, maybe that helps.

And another Legendary off a random Brute on GM2 in Free Roam.

When it rains it pours I guess.  

Some damn good roles too.  That Legendary I got earlier I equipped to try GM2 solo.  Been able to survive pretty easy in GM2, my DPS isn't too great but I can tank and get my Ult really quick.

6f3167d6 3aa0 4903 8be1 36d3f88d3d16

A624e7af 55ff 4bb5 8be3 7afd8fbe8e57

As for what is next up for in-game updates, we are planning on the following:

Bumping the ranges of some inscription rolls so that players don’t get things like “+1% Dmg”.
Increasing the Inscription pools on a per item basis. Right now we have large pools that are shared but that means they need to be a tad more generic than we would like.

Not sure yet when we will get these out but we will follow-up when they are ready.

That's an important one.

Looking forward to the colossus change, it's really stupid getting hit out of the air then watching him get up like an old man with all the time in the world, in the middle of a pack of enemies wailing away at you. It's so bad I've stopped hovering in fights just to avoid it. 

6 minutes ago, atom631 said:

That’s a nice list, but not buffing the legendary drop rate for at least a month is going to kill this game. 

They think that by removing the white's and green's from dropping once you hit Lvl 30 it might in turn naturally increase those drops so they are going to wait and see how it goes then adjust again quickly the said depending on results.  Drop rates are server side changes for them, so they can switch that instantly.

Here's what happened with the starter weapon:

VH3waZv.png

2 hours ago, atom631 said:

That’s a nice list, but not buffing the legendary drop rate for at least a month is going to kill this game. 

I think if Masterworks are actually worth equipping most of the time (instead of like now, where 99% get scrapped) then that'll provide a nice power curve instead of jumping straight to all legendaries, which I think kind of kills the point of legendaries, although I agree they seem too rare. Needs to be a pity timer like other games at the very minimum.

Free roam has pissed me off the last 2 days. Everytime an event pops up on the map, I go to it and the event never ends. I clear out all the enemies and the mission doesn't proceed at all.  Then a random contract glitches tonight losing all progress. Just love losing all that time and coming away with 0 to show for it. 

Ive never had that happen to me in Free Roam, but I've read of it happening.  Only glitched missions Ive seen is from Quickplay.  

Make sure to pay attention to the actual objectives.  Ive had a time when we fought of waves for what seemed like forever not realizing we had to kill the "targeted" enemy that was farther away from where we were.

They don't need to increase legendary drop rates, just need to make legendaries worth equipping, i just got my first one and its basically just a MW with slightly higher base stats, i'm not even going to equip it as its inscriptions suck, doesn't even have more inscriptions on it.