Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

Its been great.  Having items drop and knowing there will be much more relevant rolls is so nice.  Crafting also is much more viable now.  

I'm going to start working on 3 builds per Javelin.  I need some "Luck" Builds for drops, then a "Harvesting" build which I think nets more resources when your collect them.  That'l lbe useful for Crafting if I can start collecting some more Masterwork Embers while on Free Roam.  

The inscriptions have a lot of variety to them which can be used in a lot of ways for various builds.  I got a Papa Pump Shotgun with +65% Armor that I plan to use on my Colossus to help me tank more.  

If you're early on and feel that Guns are pointless cause of your abilities, in end game with Masterwork weapons with their perks, they become A LOT more relevant, and you'll have fun using a bunch of them.

Ok so.... not only am I not getting the third legendary contract, I’m getting the same two over and over again from Mathias and yarrow. 

Also - I’ve exhausted every dialogue tree as far as i can tell and i have no other open missions other than legionnaire: valor. 

Go to the Challenges Screen - Expeditions - Agents.  See if all those are completed for Brin, I have 2 separate arcs for Brin - 4/4 and 6/6.

Also I believe the name of the Legendary Contract is the same each day, but the actual tasks vary day to day.

32 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Ok so.... not only am I not getting the third legendary contract, I’m getting the same two over and over again from Mathias and yarrow. 

Also - I’ve exhausted every dialogue tree as far as i can tell and i have no other open missions other than legionnaire: valor. 

I had this same problem! hit your back button and "track" Brin's mission, then the purple legendary mission will pop up on your map when you hop into your Javelin. This will unstick the mission progression and from then on you'll get all three each day. 

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

That was the problem. I had 5/6 brin missions completed. Tracked it and the last mission popped up. I assume once i finish that I’ll get legendary mission...BUT servers are down. 

On a side note - do purples not drop higher than 36?

Yeah, the ceiling on Epics is level 36, Master work is 45, and Legendary is 47 (I'm not positive on this last one). 

13 minutes ago, atom631 said:

So how am i seeing people at like 480+?

Every equipment slot counts towards the total, so, let's say all MWs.

Weapon 1: 45

Weapon 2: 45

Support Slot: 36 (I don't think Supports currently go over Epic?)

Ability 1: 45

Ability 2: 45

Six component slots: 270

That's 486 at MW level alone! 508 at all legendary.

I've seen someone at like 528, so I might be missing a slot or legendaries might go over 47.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Just finished my first stronghold on GM1. 3 MW drops. This is what I’m talkin about!! 

I saw a lot of chatter with people whining about drop rates, but I feel this game has a pretty good balance right now.  Legendary drops prob need a tick up, but Masterworks drop pretty frequently, so that I'm still really excited to see one.

I dont want them to go the Division route where literally ever drop is a Gold so its not even exciting to see them.

12 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I saw a lot of chatter with people whining about drop rates, but I feel this game has a pretty good balance right now.  Legendary drops prob need a tick up, but Masterworks drop pretty frequently, so that I'm still really excited to see one.

I dont want them to go the Division route where literally ever drop is a Gold so its not even exciting to see them.

Agreed. That’s what burned me out on D1. When I would need to spend 1/2hr after every 2-3 runs to compare stats it just got boring. 

I got 7 pieces of MW gear in a few hours tonight. That’s fine. It would’ve been nice to get one legendary in that time. 

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Be sure to actually kill everything. Every single Legendary (4ish) I've found has come from random mobs. None from chests, and I think end-of-mission guaranteed Masterworks are hard-coded to be just that: masterworks.

Yup, mine have come regular mobs or from Mini Bosses, one just in Free Roam now.  One of those Spider Mechs was out in the open and it dropped one.  Always try to kill Titans or any of those mini type bosses cause I believe they drop 2 items typically and its prob one of the better chances for a Legendary.  

9 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

The way I played Division, right around the time I could have gotten bored with gold drops, green armor sets and red exotics were dropping in the game. 

Trying to get those “god roll” min-max Armor Set pieces for builds made every green drop feel like Christmas. Especially if it was a piece of a set I did not have, or a better roll. 

Even getting a set piece a friend is looking for feels rewarding. 

But a looter gets pretty boring as soon as you have your min-max, god rolls, or really close enough. Because getting any more loot won’t be better than what you have and kind of pointless.

i am nowhere near this in Anthem as I am not even lvl 30 yet. Plus I may want to min-max all my Javelins...for reasons, so that will definitely add to my play time and loot enjoyment. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The way I played Division, right around the time I could have gotten bored with gold drops, green armor sets and red exotics were dropping in the game. 

Trying to get those “god roll” min-max Armor Set pieces for builds made every green drop feel like Christmas. Especially if it was a piece of a set I did not have, or a better roll. 

Even getting a set piece a friend is looking for feels rewarding. 

But a looter gets pretty boring as soon as you have your min-max, god rolls, or really close enough. Because getting any more loot won’t be better than what you have and kind of pointless.

i am nowhere near this in Anthem as I am not even lvl 30 yet. Plus I may want to min-max all my Javelins...for reasons, so that will definitely add to my play time and loot enjoyment. 

Yeah, I was still playing when they introduced the Set pieces, but even those dropped so often as well, that I found myself spending so much of my playtime in the menu looting at gear it was just tedious.  

Its a fine balance I know, but I like the good stuff to feel rare and rewarding when it drops.  I feel Masterworks drop at a decent rate right now, and you can get a bunch of them in guaranteed ways as is.  You can also craft them as well once you learn the blueprint.

Legendary's only drop, and they seem a bit rare, but I've only run GM1 so far, so maybe they'll start dropping more often in GM2.

It sounds like Anthem has a good balance, at least in GM1. I had heard GM2 and 3 felt less rewarding, which I think this loot update was meant to address. 

Inhave heard people got upset because for about 10 hours last week an update accidentally was over rewarding loot. People getting 6+ MW per stronghold. When BioWare corrected it some of those people got pissed. 

Thing was was they Had not been salty about the drop rate before. More of that manufactured rage gamers are prone to. 

Frankly I am glad the BioWare did not cave and go back to over rewarding players. There are only so many MW items. Even at normal drop rates it would not take long to get all the ones you want.