Massive Netflix price hike incoming.

On 5/15/2024 at 11:07 AM, Brick said:

Can it be a separate package since I don't give a rat's ass about football? 

Yeah I hope this is how they do it. It would make me irrationally angry if I have to subsidize this boring sport for others. :p

19 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Yeah I hope this is how they do it. It would make me irrationally angry if I have to subsidize this boring sport for others. :p

On 5/15/2024 at 11:09 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

It's two games on Christmas you can ignore.

Ok, so now, if you wanted to watch the NFL whenever it's available (not necessarily every game, but just whenever a game is playing), you would need access to:

• Broadcast network TV (Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC) for most Sunday games
  • ESPN for Monday night
  • Amazon Prime Video, for most Thursday night games
  • Peacock, for some random exclusive games
  • ESPN+, for some random exclusive games
  • NFL+, for some random exclusive games
  • Netflix, for Christmas games

Of course, none of that is taking into account all the shenanigans with the broadcast games and blackouts and whatever, which you can partially avoid with Sunday Ticket. I suspect that once the new dubbed Venu Sports bundle will probably end up with some exclusive eventually, or maybe it will include some of the existing ones? Who knows.  

The Sunday Ticket thing is what probably annoys me the most in all of this. If you pay $450 a season for Sunday Ticket, you're increasingly not guaranteed to even be able to watch all of your own teams' games, unless you have all the other streaming services. I feel like Sunday Ticket should just have every game, no exceptions.

There has to be a point where all this nonsense hurts NFL viewership, right? I know live sports are the last bastion of live television, but doing it this way has got to reduce viewership, even if the NFL itself is raking it in.

Personally, I avoid all this nonsense by just not watching the NFL anymore.

• Haha 1

The NHL is in the same boat, just trying to figure out what you need to simply watch all the games is confusing. It's so frustrating.

MLS has the best setup. They have a deal where you pay Apple TV $99 a year and you just get it all. Every game, every team, regular season and playoffs with zero blackouts or shenanigans. $99 bucks. ($79 if you also pay for Apple TV)

I know other leagues would have to charge more, but that's fine. I just want the product. I'll pay a pretty high rate to just be done with the mountain of BULLSHIT that comes with modern sports streaming.

4 hours ago, TwinIon said:
  • Broadcast network TV (Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC) for most Sunday games
  • ESPN for Monday night
  • Amazon Prime Video, for most Thursday night games
  • Peacock, for some random exclusive games
  • ESPN+, for some random exclusive games
  • NFL+, for some random exclusive games
  • Netflix, for Christmas games

This BS is why I hardly watch anymore