I’m in Atlanta, AMA

Just wanted to do a weekend getaway and I haven’t been here since 2000. Visiting family tomorrow who I haven’t seen in years and years and hopefully going to a Braves game Sunday if the rain clears out that evening. 

Ready for my big trip to the UK in September, but this will tide me over until then. 

Also, 7am flights are a bitch. 

• Hype 2

18 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Will you visit me? Also are you at the Braves/Rangers game?

Our tickets are for Sunday night. I’m desperately hoping the rain has moved out by game time. We’re gonna do the aquarium that day. 

I honestly didn’t think you ever met people from the boards!

• Hype 1

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Our tickets are for Sunday night. I’m desperately hoping the rain has moved out by game time. We’re gonna do the aquarium that day. 

I honestly didn’t think you ever met people from the boards!

I don’t. I’d be to insecure to meet any of y’all from here. 

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Nice. I like a good aquarium. I want to go to the Monterey one near here again soon too.

This is supposed to be a great one. I always wanted to come for the whale sharks, but I did get to see those in Osaka last year, so it’s not quite as big a deal now. But I love aquariums. Been to the ones in Boston, Chicago, and Seattle, too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Just wanted to do a weekend getaway and I haven’t been here since 2000. Visiting family tomorrow who I haven’t seen in years and years and hopefully going to a Braves game Sunday if the rain clears out that evening. 

Ready for my big trip to the UK in September, but this will tide me over until then. 

Also, 7am flights are a bitch. 

I'm sure you’ve said this - but where in the UK are you going to visit? 

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

How's hubs these days?

He’s fine. Turns 40 in a week. He’s super excited.

/s

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

I'm sure you’ve said this - but where in the UK are you going to visit? 

About a week in London and a week in Edinburgh, but I’m also wanting to spend a night in York as a midpoint. Various day trips around the two big cities. 

17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Uhhhh, no? Definitely not thinking of me. I mean, I had a couple of Eminem albums in the early 2000s, but that’s about the extent of it. 

Fair enough. Seeing these rap references go over your head is amusing though. :p

• True 1

20 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Spent a lot in the team store, lol. 

Got me a navy Albies jersey. And an Aaron shirt. 

And the weather has really cleared up and it’s going to be a beautiful night for baseball. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

And the weather has really cleared up and it’s going to be a beautiful night for baseball. 

I wish it were about 10 degrees warmer, but yeah, I’m so glad it’s nice and sunny now. 

Having a beer at one of the bars on the Battery and waiting for Bombasador to show up. 

• Shocked 2

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Honestly, it’s kinda unsettling you thought I used the n-word. :(

There was a thread that was along the lines of, "did you ever say it" or something like that and most of them were, "when I was young and stupid" yours being that there. So, in that context I'm just saying it was an innocent mistake. I never thought you used it in a malicious and hateful way (if that makes you feel any better).

Even though the Braves lost, we still had a ton of fun last night. I love the ballpark. Truist is pretty nice. 

Back home today. Sucky part is the rental has to be at the airport at 10 and our flight isn’t til like 5:30. 😩Good thing I have a book and my Switch.