Just saw a thread about how much the original house you grew up in in selling for

Dodger

lol,it’s $835k in 2022 for a 1500 sg fr house in Glendora CA. My dad sold this for a nicer house in Glendora worth about 1.2 million except it has the original 1970s kitchen. Moral,of the story buy property in CA 30 years ago

Still living in my childhood home, and my parents bought it for $58k some 40+ years ago. Since Covid hit, my city/neighbourhood became a hot area for buyers. So before Covid my house and most houses on my street were between $500-600k. Now we have a house across the street about 6 houses up going for $1.5million. We aren’t big houses either but $1m seems to be the min/lowest my area is going for now. 

• Shocked 1

The first home I remember living in has a zestimate of $335k (about 2800 sqft) built 1915

second, same city, about $98k zestimate (about 1500 sqft) built 1920s

the next house I remember growing up in belonged to the church my dad was a pastor at and was a different southern Ohio city. Finding accurate information on it is difficult even though it sold 3 years ago it sold with the church which it shared a lot with. But it appears the church and the house were sold for about $55k. House maybe is 2500 sqft, built in the 1800s some time. 
next home was the shittiest place I’ve ever lived(well the shittiest in which we had access to the whole house, I’ve lived in a two room basement for about a year), a floor so slanted a ball would rapidly roll down it if placed gently on the ground. $38k for 1100sqft according to/on the Zillow map but clicking on the property says there’s not enough information about it to make any estimates. It’s a fucking dump. 
the last house I would call home in Ohio sold in 2020 for approximately $115k. 
The last and only place I remember where my dad lived, and where I was legally domiciled for the purposes of in state tuition, I can’t find any information about on Zillow. 

the last three that I lived in are in the shittiest city you’ve never seen. I went back through there just a week ago after the eclipse on my way home here to Virginia. It’s worse than I remember by a wide margin. An absolutely fentanyl poisoned hole rotting from the inside out. 

• Shocked 1

I know my parents bought the house I grew up in in rural Idaho for about $40k in 1985 (it was built in 1977, I believe). Currently Zillow lists its price as around $250k. :silly: 

I'm guessing though that it could potentially sell for more than that because they've done a lot of remodeling over the years, and similar homes in the town are going for $300k or more.