What are the best modern survival horror games?

I love Resident Evil, and have played all of the remakes.  I could never really get into the style of the first several RE games, as the puzzles and backtracking became a bit too obtuse and unfun for me.  But I love the way all of these games are designed.

There seem to have been quite a few recent releases that try to deliver the same thing.  Signalis is one that I know was well received.  What else is there, and what do you all recommend?  Amnesia: The Bunker also looks pretty solid.

I know that you mentioned it in the original post, but I'll say it again: Signalis.

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

A classic survival horror experience set in a dystopian future where humanity has uncovered a dark secret. Unravel a cosmic mystery, escape terrifying creatures, and scavenge an off-world government facility as Elster, a technician Replika searching for her lost dreams.

49 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

The five crew members of The Tulpar are stranded in the empty reaches of space, shrouded in perpetual sunset. God is not watching.

These articles really made me interested in that game!

Alan Wake II

Fatal Frame Maiden of Blackwater and Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

The Chant

ReMothered Broken Porcelain and ReMothered Tormented Fathers

The Sinking City

Tormented Souls

that's not to say all those games are great... well, Alan Wake II is fucking incredible, but the others are okay. You can periodically get them on sale for practically nothing to it's a low risk situation. Well, except for the Fatal Frame games. I haven't seen them lower than $30 or so yet.