Kansas legislators plan to overturn abortion, ignoring the will of the people.

NEWREPUBLIC.COM

Kansas Republicans are bringing back their scheme to overturn voters on abortion.

Tell us more about how we just need to "vote harder!", when Republicans can just refuse to honor the will of the people. It's happened in Texas with giving retired teachers a pay raise. It's happened in Ohio with abortion and legal weed. It's happening in Kansas with abortion.

There's not a whole lot the Ohio legislature can do about abortion.  It's why they showed up for a special little session to guarantee trans kids can't play sports or get medical care, they had to stamp their little feet for something.

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:

Tell us more about how we just need to "vote harder!", when Republicans can just refuse to honor the will of the people.

How about voting these people out of office? When elected officials don't enact the will of the people, then those people should lose their jobs right? You can't keep putting people in office and expect them not to eat YOUR face and then be surprised when they do. 

• Halal 1

55 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Whoa, I just googled OP's name, and I didn't know a castleton snob was a thing.

tbh, years ago I thought OP's name was a play on @CastlevaniaNut18 only he's a snob instead of a nut, and I wondered why no one said anything.

I feel a tad silly.

I assumed it was about being a snob from Castleton, VA. 🤷‍♂️ 

9 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Just move isn't a solution. There will always be people who cannot afford to do so and it's not like these coastal paradises are even affordable for the average person in a flyover state.

I would like to reiterate that my hospitality workers clear nearly 100k a year in total comp in my institution. Moving isn’t as big of a barrier as it’s portrayed to be.

9 hours ago, Nokra said:

"You can lead a horse to water" and all that. :p 

I like this water, it’s like fentanyl for non flyover staters 😝

But seriously, I don’t feel the need to be gracious towards people who routinely attack and demean me and my loved ones/geographical area. They’ve turned SF into a punch line.