Actor Tom Wilkinson ('The Full Monty,' 'Batman Begins,' 'Michael Clayton,' 'Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind') dies at 75

SaysWho?

FUCK. I know 75 ain't bad but boo.

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

His publicist said in a statement that Wilkinson died suddenly at home. Further details were not provided.

"It is with great sadness that the family of Tom Wilkinson announce that he died suddenly at home on December 30th. His wife and family were with him," his publicist said in a statement. "The family asks for privacy at this time."

Let's respect the power of fear in his honor:

• Sad 2

This guy was great in everything he was in and I was always glad to see him when he'd show up in something. Ang Lee's Sense & Sensibility, The Ghost and the Darkness, The Full Monty, Rush Hour 1, Shakespeare in Love, Ride with the Devil, The Patriot, In the Bedroom, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Batman Begins, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Michael Clayton, HBO series John Adams, RocknRolla, Valkyrie, The Ghost Writer, The Debt, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The Grand Budapest Hotel and Snowden and those are just the good films everyone knows (what a resume), he did even more great work that was little seen as well (e.g. The Last Kiss, The Conspirator, If Only, Stage Beauty, etc.). Even when he'd show up for just a scene in a big movie like Selma and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol the films were better for it.

• Halal 1

On 12/31/2023 at 7:09 AM, thewhyteboar said:

The Full Monty is one of favorite comedies. This sucks. 

I was sitting in a school assembly (the context is I’m a teacher) and we have some piano music playing as kids come in, then a piano version of joy stuff came on, played the ‘hot stuff,’ tune and I couldn’t stop laughing thinking about the scene.

• Like 1