The Game Awards Dec 7th Official thread 19:30 ET / 16:30 PT

Remarkableriots

42 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I’d be more ok with the trailers for games not releasing for 18 months with no gameplay playing in between awards if each award if they allowed longer speeches and speeches from every studio/team. Even if a studio couldn’t send anyone, ask them to record something and play the acceptance speech at the show. And give these people more time before playing them off. It doesn’t need to be unlimited time, but give them a couple

minutes. 

…also, all trailers during the show should have gameplay. Not rendered “in engine” not pre-rendered cutscenes. But actual gameplay showing off the hard work of developers working on future projects. 

also, why not have Kojima present an award or Reggie? Or maybe somebody from studios that won last year. There are pillars of the industry, past and present. but that would require Keighley to share the attention and the spotlight. 

Just make the show 7 hours long so they can do that.

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

To your point, D.I.C.E already does the "we're going to honour the developers" bit -- ~50k people watched the show on IGN's stream.

The VGAs trailer show got about 3M people.

I don't think it's impossible to do both. With the speech lengths they had, it wouldn't have been a much longer show if we got to acknowledge more of the winners.

Sometimes the Oscars do a thing where they show a clip real introducing of the Best Pic noms throughout the show. It would be great if they had did something like that. They don't need to be full on NoClip documentaries, but a couple minutes of a dev talking about how hard it was to get Alan Wake 2 approved or the new technology they built for it, or the daunting task of following up Breath of the Wild, or a taste of the underdog story of Larian Studios.

2 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I don't think it's impossible to do both. With the speech lengths they had, it wouldn't have been a much longer show if we got to acknowledge more of the winners.

Sometimes the Oscars do a thing where they show a clip real introducing of the Best Pic noms throughout the show. It would be great if they had did something like that. They don't need to be full on NoClip documentaries, but a couple minutes of a dev talking about how hard it was to get Alan Wake 2 approved or the new technology they built for it, or the daunting task of following up Breath of the Wild, or a taste of the underdog story of Larian Studios.

They could do that, but I honestly think a lot of people don't care.

IMHO, the worst part of every award show is listening to an award recipient give thanks to a bunch of people that are relevant to them, but I have never heard of.

For the people that want that, D.I.C.E. already exists to watch.

If you can’t find more than 30 seconds for the handful of awards presented on stage over the 3.5 hour runtime, you got a problem. There is plenty of bloat to cut. 

-Annual Kojima dick sucking

-Geoff’s muppet fetish

-ALL musical performances

-Celebrities fucking around on stage

-curate the trailers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1