Anyone cosplay?

I cosplay as Doctor Strange and found Etsy to be the most reliable quality products. I tried other sites and found their stuff to be of lower quality. Here's the last comic con I went to in August here in Boston. My friend Brandy got her Chun Li costume on Amazon and had to do a lot of custom work to make it look decent and the stuff she didn't tweak started falling apart during the con. lol

In other words, it's worth paying for quality!

38984966_10157010337277079_3771362090573

I got the cape and amulet on Etsy and made the shirt and gloves myself. I had a different cape, gloves and a shirt I got from other sites but they sucked.

I haven't but I want to again some day, when my kid gets older I think it would be an awesome thing to do.

The last time I did it was when the original Crow movie came out, I was tall, thin with long dark hair that was much the same cut so just the right black clothes and white+black makeup I was a dead ringer,  wore that to the opening night and in this small town it was an absolute weirdo thing to do.. but it was fun so I didn't GAF.

2 hours ago, misfit410 said:

I haven't but I want to again some day, when my kid gets older I think it would be an awesome thing to do.

The last time I did it was when the original Crow movie came out, I was tall, thin with long dark hair that was much the same cut so just the right black clothes and white+black makeup I was a dead ringer,  wore that to the opening night and in this small town it was an absolute weirdo thing to do.. but it was fun so I didn't GAF.

I wore a really crappy version of Dr Strange to the movie premiere here in Boston at a really busy movie theater and it was a mega fail. People were more pointing and laughing and making fun than anything but I walked proudly and had a good time. Was still bummed though afterward.

57 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

I wore a really crappy version of Dr Strange to the movie premiere here in Boston at a really busy movie theater and it was a mega fail. People were more pointing and laughing and making fun than anything but I walked proudly and had a good time. Was still bummed though afterward.

Fuck those people, that sounds awesome.

22 minutes ago, misfit410 said:

Fuck those people, that sounds awesome.

In hindsight, I'm not even sure why I bothered going to that theater as it's out of my way. I think I figured the biggest movie theater right in the heart of downtown would be good to be seen. It was mostly teenagers. I should have gone to the theater by where I live where it's more families and people a tad older where I think they may have appreciated it a bit more. Ah well. Still glad I did it. 

We go to a local Con here every year and do cosplay. This year I was a bomb damaged Clark Kent (suit & tie that had partially burned away to reveal the Superman suit underneath) and the Mrs went as the Martha Wayne Joker from Flashpoint. Our oldest was Alice Angel from Bendy & the Ink Machine, and the youngest was Miraculous Ladybug. 

The ladybug outfit was the only one we bought. We literally bought pieces of clothing from here and there and built the costumes from scratch. In our experience, we've found you get the best results if you build what you want from scratch rather than buying a premade costume from Rubies or something. Granted, not everybody can make certain things, like a Batman cowl, so you still gotta buy some stuff. But you can get pretty far with a little imagination, and it's very rewarding to be complimented on something you made yourself. 

Well I took the plunge on a moderately expensive costume set on Etsy.  I should have ordered this a few weeks ago because I'm cutting it close to getting it before Halloween, but I do plan to use it at my local con this coming spring.  This one will at least be a custom fit as I was able to give the seller my measurements.  I don't really have the time nor the skillset to make an outfit of this quality myself, otherwise I would have loved to pour some pride into and probably save some money.