Spartacus Is Back!

Kinda...

DEADLINE.COM

Starz Greenlights 'Spartacus: House Of Ashur' From Steven S. DeKnight; Nick Tarabay Sets Return

Did people really love Ashur that much? I was much more interested in the Julius Ceasar show they seemed to be setting up in the final season.

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

I can't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure I hated Ashur. Like, I don't wanna watch a show about him. He fuckin' died. I don't want him to be the boy who lived out of all the characters who died for real.

If I remember right he was basically the shifty anti-hero type that every show in the '10's had to have because Negan and Littlefinger were so popular.

He wasn't particularly likable or his story particularly well done, so yeah I am not sure why to make a show after him.

Honestly, with God's of the Arena existing and killing off most of the cast at the end of the show I am not sure there is too much meat left on the bone of this property to try to scrounge. And I say that as someone who enjoyed the show quite a bit.

• True 1

On 11/9/2023 at 3:29 PM, Bacon said:

I can't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure I hated Ashur. Like, I don't wanna watch a show about him. He fuckin' died. I don't want him to be the boy who lived out of all the characters who died for real.

Yeah that's how I felt... They seem to think he's a guy that people "love to hate". NO people just hate him. I guess that makes him a great character, but I spent the majority of that show hoping he would just die. So many other characters they could ressurrect and make a show about... this seems odd.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That was part of the charm of Spartacus... you're in season one and it gets FAR more cheesier as time goes on. They actually lean into it.

They do this weird thing with the dialogue that no one else has ever done. Like they have everyone speak in a passive third person (perish the thought, etc) in a way that is immediately distracting but kind of grows on you over time. But it doesn't ever sound natural.

• 2 weeks later...