Found a weird lump on my neck…

gamer.tv

I feel like every thread I’ve made recently has been vaguely medical but this is the latest. I had a stiff, sore neck yesterday and was rubbing it absentmindedly when I felt a lump. It’s just at the top of my left trap, to the right, so neither the muscle or my neck. Has all this hallmarks of something to keep an eye on, about the size of a large pea, hard and unmoving, hurts to touch…going to see if it goes away in 2 weeks then failing that, to the doctor!

I’m assuming it’s due to the cold I’ve got at the moment, or something physical, rather than anything insidious! 

It's probably a cyst or a big zit (is there a difference?), but it can't help to check!

I had a lump appear in my armpit a few years back that scared the shit out of me, since I know armpits are where cancer tends to cancer. Turns out it was just a cyst. I also had a lump appear right above my right asscheek recently. I thought it was another cyst! turns out it was just a massive zit. When it finally burst.... whether or not you want me to continue that sentence depends on which corners of the internet you tend to frequent, but it was exactly as disgusting or satisfying as you want it to be.

Point being - get it checked out, but don't freak out.

Found a second one, that’s not as large but same vibes (a little bit sore, hard, not moving) on the right hand side, about an inch under my hairline. I’m still going to give it the two weeks as I feel unwell (as the other thread said) so it’s 99.99% linked in with that. 

@Fizzzzle Do you still have the cyst in your armpit? I had a Dr diagnose a small lump in my armpit when I was around 15 years old. Never changed or was a problem until I was in my early 30’s. Woke up one morning and i thought something was lodged under my arm or something in the bed. I felt it and the cyst had decided to go nuclear and suddenly felt like a golf ball. Long story short I got it removed but was absolutely grossed out for weeks with “wound care”. I remember after the procedure the nurse was like “ok let’s go over how to pack the wound and change the dressing”. What…? “Yeah here’s how you’re going to pack gauze into the hole everyday as it’s healing so you don’t end up with a dead space in your armpit”. I didn’t think I would ever be able to look inside an area of my armpit before….not a fan.

3 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

@Fizzzzle Do you still have the cyst in your armpit? I had a Dr diagnose a small lump in my armpit when I was around 15 years old. Never changed or was a problem until I was in my early 30’s. Woke up one morning and i thought something was lodged under my arm or something in the bed. I felt it and the cyst had decided to go nuclear and suddenly felt like a golf ball. Long story short I got it removed but was absolutely grossed out for weeks with “wound care”. I remember after the procedure the nurse was like “ok let’s go over how to pack the wound and change the dressing”. What…? “Yeah here’s how you’re going to pack gauze into the hole everyday as it’s healing so you don’t end up with a dead space in your armpit”. I didn’t think I would ever be able to look inside an area of my armpit before….not a fan.

I got it removed. It was like the size of a cotton ball and it pretty much showed up overnight, or at least I just noticed it one day in the shower. I didn't have to put gauze in it, but there's still a big scar where it was.

Packing the wound sounds gross, I don't envy you.