Grand Theft Auto V released 10 years ago today and eventually sold 185 million copies

SaysWho?

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Definitely felt like 10 years ago. Hopefully Rock * can deliver another blockbuster but doesn't their luck have to run out soon for this industry?

That’s kind of like saying Scorsese or Cameron will massively fuck up. It just won’t really happen and they’ll always continue to produce great things. The only difficult part of being a Rockstar fan is knowing you’ll be enjoying that entry for at least 6 years. Kind of like Nintendo I suppose but without the volume of IPs.

50 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Definitely felt like 10 years ago. Hopefully Rock * can deliver another blockbuster but doesn't their luck have to run out soon for this industry?

It's a game that sells on name alone, good or bad people will flock to it. Really it's up to Rockstar to mess up, they're taking the role playing seriously but are they going to screw it up or something, will that even matter? @SaysWho? will decide if it matters. :|

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

That’s kind of like saying Scorsese or Cameron will massively fuck up. It just won’t really happen and they’ll always continue to produce great things. The only difficult part of being a Rockstar fan is knowing you’ll be enjoying that entry for at least 6 years. Kind of like Nintendo I suppose but without the volume of IPs.

Eh people said this about a lot of devs over the years. They'll probably fade away at some point. 

7 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If Rock* doesn't update those for VI, then it's a "no-buy" from me.

They've made all the goddamned money in the world so there's absolutely zero excuse for them not to.

I've yet to play a single Rockstar game that I thought was fun to actually play. Nice pretty (if completely cardboard) worlds, but not all that much to do in them, and what there is to do isn't very fun. I have no idea how some folks can play shit like GTA V for years outside of the RP scene -- I get the RP scene, it's not for me but I get it. I don't get just... doing bad shooting mechanics and roaming around a Rockstar world for very long.

I suppose if you get real deep in "muh immersion" that could be an angle, but half the time I see people playing they're just like wandering around shooting shit at random while barely paying attention to the game. Clearly they've found great success, but that's not what I'm contesting. Just the fucking input lag alone makes their games unfun to me.

unknown.png