Sony announced it has sold over 40 million PlayStation 5 consoles!

Remarkableriots

vpavic_4278_20201030_0292.jpg
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

PlayStation 5 sales have hit a milestone.

Sony announced it has sold over 40 million PlayStation 5 consoles despite the “unprecedented challenges of COVID” and supply chain issues. Unlike the press release shared when the PS5 crossed 10 million units sold as of July 2021, Sony didn’t call its flagship console out as the “fastest-selling console in the history of Sony Interactive Entertainment,” reflecting a slower pace of sales even as supply issues ebbed.

Still, the PlayStation 5 sales have dominated this generation (excluding the Nintendo Switch, like the FTC says you should), handily outpacing both Xbox Series consoles since they all launched in November 2020.

23 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Because the lesson we've all learned this past year is that you absolutely should listen to the FTC.

The FTC wasn’t even the first to say it. It was Sony/Jim Ryan’s talking point that Nintendo and the Switch didn’t count. The FTC in their fervent ignorance just ran with it, because they thought it would help their case against MS. 

lol Sony is basically getting a pass now, because everything they said is now being solely attributed to the FTC. 

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

lol Sony is basically getting a pass now, because everything they said is now being solely attributed to the FTC. 

I expect companies like Sony to huff their own farts and make up weird bullshit. I expect the FTC to completely ignore whatever dumb bullshit a corporation says and come to their own conclusions. The fact that they didn't (and that the FTC has sucked ass for a while now) is much more relevant to me than Sony sucking their own dick.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I expect companies like Sony to huff their own farts and make up weird bullshit. I expect the FTC to completely ignore whatever dumb bullshit a corporation says and come to their own conclusions. The fact that they didn't (and that the FTC has sucked ass for a while now) is much more relevant to me than Sony sucking their own dick.

Where does it compare in relation to someone who sucked their own dick being deemed incompetent to stand trial?